In HD: Lost Season 6 Discussion - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-07, 11:31 AM

His coffin was on the flight but it mysteriously disappeared probably during the turbulence bump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-08, 06:45 AM
Veteran

Actually, his coffin never made it on the plane. There was no record of it being loaded.
post #18 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-08, 08:57 AM
Veteran

I watched the show a second time yesterday because I was a bit distracted with computer problems during the original airing. When Jack and company were captured by the other others(!), there was a woman in that group that said she recognized them from the flight. Was she the stewardess that was flirting with Jack on the flight?

-Mike

Sony XBR65X930D | Denon AVR-X1300W | BELL Fibe | Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K | XBOX One X

post #19 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-08, 12:13 PM

Mike Post 11 and 12. She has been in 3 episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0008714/
post #20 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-08, 12:15 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB Josh View Post
Does anybody notice that the real Locke looks slightly different than when Smokie imitates Locke?
No I didn't notice. How does he look different?

Quote:
I think that Jacob had set up Sayid to die before anybody even boarded the plane to return to the island. I'm sure that the note said something like "Make sure Sayid dies". It all seemed to coincidental that Jacob gave Hurley the guitar case, then told him to take it to the Temple. Now the question is, is that actually Sayid? I've always subscribed to the theory that "dead is dead", so I get the feeling that Jacob has taken over his body or something.
Very interesting theory indeed.
post #21 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-08, 05:05 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB Josh View Post
I think that Jacob had set up Sayid to die before anybody even boarded the plane to return to the island. I'm sure that the note said something like "Make sure Sayid dies". It all seemed to coincidental that Jacob gave Hurley the guitar case, then told him to take it to the Temple. Now the question is, is that actually Sayid? I've always subscribed to the theory that "dead is dead", so I get the feeling that Jacob has taken over his body or something.
Disagree on the note. If Jacob wanted Sayid dead, why didn't the Others just shoot everyone? (as originally ordered) Why did they indicate it was important to save Sayid? (something to the effect everyone was in grave danger if Sayid died).

My view is that they intended to save Sayid. The spring water appears to be a "fountain of healing", but it wasn't quite working properly:
- someone pointed out it wasn't clear anymore--unbeknownst to them, Jacob had been "killed", and that likely affected the water's colour/clarity
- the leader cut his hand and dipped it into the water--I assume that was to test whether it would heal his hand (it didn't...)

Perhaps the water worked to save Sayid after all, just a little delayed.

One question related to a theory of mine. Was Sayid the person most recently touched by Jacob? (crash scene). Hugo's visit with Jacob in the taxi was obviously more recent than Sayid's, but it didn't necessarily include a touch. I'm thinking that touch is very significant for Jacob's survival. We'll know soon enough I guess.
post #22 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-08, 05:37 PM
Veteran

Or perhaps Jacob knew the water wouldn't work. Jacob may have wanted to *take over* Sayid and the best way to save everyone (if that is indeed his motive) is to give Jacob a host body to possess. The 815'ers do not yet know about the MiB's ability to mimick the recently deceased.

Also remember that what ever was written on the note was written well before Jacob died. I'm not certain that Jacob can time travel at will, although he certainly exists on a different temporal level than us and the other characters (MIB being the exeption of course).

I'm not sure if Sayid was the last person touched (or if he was even touched) by Jacob. FWIW, my theory about Jacob touching people is that he might be somehow "marking" them. For what reason, I'm not sure. Perhaps to identify them later, perhaps to make claim to them as his own (as opposed to letting MiB claim them), perhaps to pass something to them.

Looking forward to next episode!!
post #23 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-08, 06:07 PM
Veteran

Maybe it has more to do with all the people that Jacob touched ended up on the island, including Locke (whose life he saved after the fall) whose body eventually is used as a loophole to kill Jacob. More questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Although many are calling it a "flash sideways" - it really is a flash back since the events on flight 815 are taking place in the past as compared with the events currently happening on the island.
The two creators were on Jimmy Kimmel last week and they were the ones that called it a flash sideways. They also stated that they wanted to explore what would have happened if the plane didn't crash on the island. Now either it made no difference as the characters still got to the island in different ways, or the explosion did not prevent the plane from crashing and they are taking us on a wild goose chase with the flash sideways. Confusing! But it will all make sense on May 23, 2010.
post #24 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-08, 06:25 PM

What's up with the island being underwater?
post #25 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-08, 07:54 PM
Veteran

When Sayid killed "boy"-Ben, didn't Kate take him to Richard at that hole in the temple wall to "save him" ? I seem to recall Richard saying, that Ben will never be the same or you can't get him back.. or something??
post #26 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-09, 08:08 AM
Veteran

I find it interesting that Jacob's note was, essentially, a list of names. When the Others first raided the losties' camp a while back they had lists. When the crash first happened and Ben sent Goodwin and Ethan he said something about getting the lists ready. What's with all the lists? Is Jacob Santa Claus?
post #27 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-09, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy27 View Post
Confusing! But it will all make sense on May 23, 2010.
I bet it will be even more confusing. They will answer 1/4 of the "questions" and add twice as many new ones. Lost is kind of series that never answer all the questions and rarely make sense in the end. What keeps it afloat is all that "mystery" around it. To keep "value" of the franchise it can't afford to make sense.
post #28 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-09, 04:36 PM
Veteran

You mean it is going to end like the Sopranos with the music playing as the series fades to black? You may be right as this would lead perfectly into the Lost movie trilogy!
post #29 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-09, 05:48 PM
PFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 753951 View Post
I bet it will be even more confusing. They will answer 1/4 of the "questions" and add twice as many new ones. Lost is kind of series that never answer all the questions and rarely make sense in the end. What keeps it afloat is all that "mystery" around it. To keep "value" of the franchise it can't afford to make sense.
True. But there's no need to add value to a franchise that is ending. I agree, not everything will be explained, but I'm pretty sure the writers will please their viewers.
post #30 of 314 (permalink) Old 2010-02-09, 07:37 PM
Veteran

I also believe that we will be satisfied at the "answers". I also think that after things make sense, they will throw another curve at us that will open another mystery and leave it there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in