Amazing Race 16 Discussion (starts Feb 14th) - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: Who will win Amazing Race 16?
Brent and Caite 1 3.85%
Jet and Cord 25 96.15%
Dan and Jordan 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 131 (permalink) Old 2010-05-09, 11:33 PM
Veteran

Although I didn't like that move by the brothers at the airport, it didn't really have any influence on the outcome. The move to first class and saving them precious minutes to get off the plane was the key and brilliant move.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 131 (permalink) Old 2010-05-10, 08:41 AM

I thought they would have been accessed a penalty for travelling first class. I guess the rule is you cant purchase first class tickets but you can sit up front if they will let you. Interesting how the other teams would just let them do that without noticing... it was a long flight and they should have done something else on the plane besides sleeping.
post #123 of 131 (permalink) Old 2010-05-10, 08:43 AM
Veteran

I found it to be a very lame final leg of the race...

Perhaps because I was hoping for the Cowboys...but I found the challenges didn't lend itself to making the outcome interesting...sorta like Secretariat racing in the Belmont...after the move to first class...it was all but over.

Beautiful comeback by Caite when Brandy was whining...""I don't want to hear sorry from you. You purposely whacked us," she tells Caite, adding that she should've U-Turned the cowboys. Caite tells her she should've treated people nicer, to which Brandy snaps, "Hey, I'm sorry you can't handle it."

"I am handling it. Obviously I'm the one standing here and not you," Caite retorts.

post #124 of 131 (permalink) Old 2010-05-10, 09:08 AM
Digital Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Although I didn't like that move by the brothers at the airport, it didn't really have any influence on the outcome.
Exactly, which made it even sillier.
post #125 of 131 (permalink) Old 2010-05-10, 02:06 PM

I thought the turning point was when Jet needed to advance in the "Star Wars" video game and Jordan was blocking his way. Had Jet pushed Jordan aside to get where he needed to go, it would have allowed he and Cord to complete the task quicker, while likely causing Dan & Jordan to have been delayed in completing the task. The Cowboys truly did play the game with class and integrity.
post #126 of 131 (permalink) Old 2010-05-12, 09:33 AM

For me the critical success factor was documenting the order of teams eliminated and non-elimination rounds. They probably did that roadblock in 5 like minutes. As much as I was pulling for the cowboys, Dan and Jordan deserved it for having the brains to keep notes and a log book throughout the race. Good for them...
post #127 of 131 (permalink) Old 2010-05-15, 03:51 PM
Veteran

It was still a very disappointing last leg. Once the classless brothers got ahead, there was no way to catch them as the challenges weren't very challenging. The Amazing Race 16 "ended, not with a bang, but with a whimper".
post #128 of 131 (permalink) Old 2010-05-16, 01:00 AM

I just watched the finale tonight, becasue I recorded it on my VCR, and just realized today that I still haven't seen it yet. After searching through, I found out that I recorded over it, so I watched it online.

I was surpised that the Bros won. I was hoping for the Cowboys or Brent & Caite. I liked the video game task though, but yeah taxtwit you're right about Jordan blocking Jet's way, which most-likely somewhat did affect the outcome.

Smootherator I also agree with you. I was expecting Phil to give the Bros a 15 minute penalty or something for sneaking into First Class. Overall, the episode sort of felt like there was something missing. Aren't the Finales usually 2 hours long? Well anyways, I think what the Lesbians said to Caite was unacceptable. DM 4U: yup Caite's comeback was perfect. What I'm looking forward to next this Summer will be Big Brother and America's Got Talent
post #129 of 131 (permalink) Old 2010-05-16, 09:04 AM

It's been mentioned in the past that there is no prohibition to teams being in first class, just to purchasing first class tickets. In the past teams have even tried to get on to full flights by begging to be put in first.
post #130 of 131 (permalink) Old 2010-05-16, 09:17 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleRockDays View Post
What I'm looking forward to next this Summer will be Big Brother and America's Got Talent
I too am looking forward to Big Brother...it's really too bad that we don't get the Showtime Series: Big Brother - After Dark...it's a great add on to the show.
post #131 of 131 (permalink) Old 2010-05-16, 04:16 PM

Yeah I think we really should get After Dark in Canada. Maybe this is Global's chance to pick it up on their new upcoming channel Global Reality Channel, but I doubt it though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in