'The Tonight Show' with Jay Leno ... The Sequel - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 10:05 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARPEDON View Post
Conan is unwatchable. He's juvenile but thinks he's witty. At the same time, he's one arrogant, sob. He can't accept anyone getting the last laugh even an invited legitimate comic. He has to continually one-up any guest with his childish antics to get the zombie audience to laugh.
I don't know what you've been watching but I think Conan is hilarious. Long before this week, he was consistenty more original and funnier than Leno.

This week he's been particularly edgy as he takes the jabs at NBC - the interview with Ricky Gervais last night was almost over the top (from Ricky's side).

I've been to see the old Tonight Show with Jay Leno live twice as I used to be a fan. But never again! I've seen taping of Kimmel as well as I really like his humor and show. And I sure hope that Conan makes it to his last week when I'll be attending - can't wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 10:22 AM

when is the last week of taping? I will be in LA and want to try and get tickets in feb around family day
post #63 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Digital Sage

NBC should fire him NOW.
Quote:

"And I just want to say to the kids out there watching: You can do anything you want in life," he said. "Unless Jay Leno wants to do it, too."
lack of class and respect for Leno, just more whinning.

post #64 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 10:55 AM

lol james i thought that was hilarious. it was a great joke and delivered well. Apparently you dont like his style of humor but i love it
post #65 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 12:41 PM
Veteran

James, I guess they should fire Jay Leno for making fun of Jimmy Kimmel then, too? That also means that Jimmy Kimmel should be fired for wearing a Leno wig and chin before that.
post #66 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 12:53 PM

Yeah you don't like Conan james99, we all know, you been going on about it for months. Give it a rest, it's getting on everyone's nerves.
post #67 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 02:25 PM
Veteran

I thought that Conan's jabs at NBC have been great this week. One of the best last night was when he was talking about changes NBC will make to the Olympics, "move bronze up to gold's place, silver stays where it is, and add a new medal for 4th place called the NBC."

I wonder if the ratings for The Jay Leno Show and The Tonight Show have gone up any the past couple weeks. I rarely watch either, but I've watched both most of the past couple weeks.
post #68 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 03:38 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzone View Post
when is the last week of taping? I will be in LA and want to try and get tickets in feb around family day
Week of Feb 8th I believe. Then they go on a break for the Olympics. And then the plan was for the new arrangement after the Olympics.

It might be hard to get tickets for his last shows now.
post #69 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 03:41 PM

boo i don't get there till Feb 12.

maybe i can get door tickets for the last show?

well ill fill out the thing online anyways * last day is no longer available well i might try and get tickets the day of,
post #70 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 04:45 PM

Location: Ottawa, ON; Shaw Direct HDPVR630; Samsung HLT5687; Harmon/Kardon AVR247; Harmon/Kardon HKTS11
There are rumours that next week is the last for Conan on Tonight Show

Quote:
This is officially still in the "rumor" category, but it comes from a source with some connections in late night. Bill Simmons, aka The Sports Guy, says that sources have told him that next week is Conan O'Brien's last week on The Tonight Show.
http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/01/14/is...-tonight-show/
post #71 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 04:52 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Jay Leno has made a new deal with NBC, which gives him "The Tonight Show" from 11:35 - 12:35 ... sources tell TMZ.

As we first reported, under the contract Jay had been working under, he was guaranteed the 10 PM hour. By moving him to 11:35, NBC was in breach of his contract and needed to negotiate a new deal. That is now done, sources tell TMZ.
http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/14/jay-le...-tonight-show/
post #72 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 06:12 PM

so much for watching the tonight show ever again. seems like a scummy move by nbc to get out of there contract requirements
post #73 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 06:13 PM
Veteran

Too bad - I was looking forward to seeing Conan's show. I guess I'll go to Jimmy instead. (It seems reasonable and TMZ has been right on most of this stuff so far so I think it's likely all true.)
post #74 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james99 View Post
NBC should fire him NOW.

lack of class and respect for Leno, just more whinning.
Just like the respect he showed Carson when he took over for him? He had to eventually be shamed into even acknowledging him. Leno is a douche, take a listen to all the real comedians coming out of the woodwork now. He is being completely derided by most of them. He has screwed over Rosie O'Donnell when NBC asked her to be a guest host one day a week. He's screwed over Conan by retiring and then deciding to take 5 hours of prime time, in the process putting hundreds, if not thousands of workers out of work. All to feed his own ego of trying to stay relevant when he hasn't had an original idea in 10 years. Most of his Tonight show was ripped off from various sources and his new show has revealed him for the hack he really is.

Aquos LC42D64U Yamaha HTR6080 Emotiva XPA-5 Polk CSiA6 RTiA7's RTiA1's Velodyne DLS4000R Mot. 6416 III PS3 Harmony One
post #75 of 184 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Digital Sage

Carson retired. End of story. Leno didn't want to leave the Tonight Show, he didn't retire. End of story.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in