In HD: Survivor: Heroes & Villains - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: Who will win Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians?
Colby 0 0%
Jerri 1 5.00%
Parvati 7 35.00%
Russell 3 15.00%
Sandra 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 02:06 PM
PFD

Originally, in BB Season One, the house guests got to vote each other out. But what happened that year, was that all the s*&t disturbers were voted out early, and the house was left with a group of boring young 20-somethings who were all about their "image" and getting a TV career.

BB wisely ditched that concept for Season Two, allowing viewers to have the final say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 02:08 PM
Veteran

I think that Russell is at a bit of a disadvantage not knowing how his first try at the game panned out. This current season was completed before the final tribal council of last season. He doesn't know that pissing everyone off, even if you played the rest of the game well, will not result in a win.
post #123 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 06:12 PM
PFD

I agree Larry. Which is why he hasn't changed his gameplay strategy. He's there thinking he's already got Game One in the bag.

post #124 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 06:22 PM

That's Russell's weakness... I think in his single-minded determination to win and have everything on his terms, perhaps he doesn't understand that there are or could be, other criteria for winning.

BTW, I was never a really big Sandra fan before but after watching the past few episodes I'm really impressed. She knows when to:
- stir (excrement) up
- when to flip, or try to turn the game upside down
- when to retreat from big moves - basically when to pick and choose her spots strategically

She actually plays a really strong individual game of willpower and, literally, survival. I can kind of see why she's a "villian" - her gameplay style could be considered selfish, but it certainly is effective.

[insert toy list here]
post #125 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 06:43 PM
Digital Sage

Sandra flips flops which makes her disloyal and untrustworthy. She's around since she isn't a threat.
post #126 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 06:51 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFD View Post
Originally, in BB Season One, the house guests got to vote each other out. But what happened that year, was that all the s*&t disturbers were voted out early, and the house was left with a group of boring young 20-somethings who were all about their "image" and getting a TV career.

BB wisely ditched that concept for Season Two, allowing viewers to have the final say.
I am confused. When do (did) the viewers have the final say in voting house guests out on BB? I only started watching BB when Evil Dick and his gorgeous daughter won first and second prize, so I am not familiar with the first few seasons.
post #127 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 07:18 PM
Digital Sage

During Season 1 the home voters had much more control of the house. They changed producers in Season 2.

Season 1:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_1_(U.S.)
post #128 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 08:44 PM
Veteran

At the risk of annoying a moderator, isn't this discussion about BB a little off topic?
post #129 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-08, 12:20 AM

I think that's one of her strengths. She's easy to underestimate. She didn't win for nothing.

I don't remember the details, but knowing what we know as viewers, wouldn't it have made more sense to vote off Sandra than Courtney when it was down to those two? Of the two I'd definitely say that Sandra is more dangerous.

[insert toy list here]
post #130 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-09, 01:27 PM
PFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by james99 View Post
Sandra flips flops which makes her disloyal and untrustworthy. She's around since she isn't a threat.
I don't know about that. Sandra won this game, using the same strategy. That makes her a threat in my books. If anything Russell's the weakest threat in this game, becuase one on one in the final, he's not going to get the votes. I think Pavartti knows this, and would want him in the final two/three because of that.
post #131 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-09, 01:33 PM
Digital Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaTransfer View Post
wouldn't it have made more sense to vote off Sandra than Courtney when it was down to those two? Of the two I'd definitely say that Sandra is more dangerous.
I would love to see her go home. She's annoying and disloyal. It seems, by the preview anyways to could be the men vs. the women. Not sure how long that will last though.

It's hard to believe she won before. I can't even remember her being on the show. Must have been weak competition.

Every once in a while the best player wins. Some people can actually put aside their feelings and vote using logic and not emotion.

I don't think this cast can vote in that manner.
post #132 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-10, 03:31 PM
Veteran

I loved Russell last season, and earlier this season. But he's losing it now. It's too bad he didn't know the results of last season's vote before he played this time. I bet he wouldn't be nearly as confrontational.

Long live the console war! Buy 'em all! Just don't give Sony any of your Personal info!
post #133 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 08:35 AM
Veteran

Should be a very interesting finale...
post #134 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 08:54 AM
Veteran

This isn't a spoiler, since it hasn't happened yet...

It would make even more sense as to why Russell was so upset at the finale last time. Perhaps he misses his chance at the end this time...

He's still the best player to ever be on Survivor.
post #135 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 08:59 AM

silly CBS East

I normally watch Survivor at 11:00 on the west coast feed because I'm unable to watch the 8:00 east coast feed. But I do watch CSI and Mentalist starting at 9:00 on the east coast feed. Last night, doing this spoiled Survivor for me because several times between 9:00 and 11:00, CBS east showed a preview of the Survivor finale on Sunday in which they revealed the identity of the 5 finalists! Only someone who had just watched the east coast feed of Survivor minutes earlier would have known who was voted out and who the five finalists were. So by revealing their identity immediately after the show ended, CBS east ruined the show for anyone who had PVR'd it for watching later, anyone who was planning on watching the west coast feed later. and for any west coast viewers who might be watching the east coast feed of CSI or Mentalist. Given how many people today use PVRs to customize their viewing schedule or who choose to watch shows from different time zones for the same reason CBS should have had the good sense not to openly disclose the results of the show until after it had been aired in all time zones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in