In HD: Survivor: Heroes & Villains - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: Who will win Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians?
Colby 0 0%
Jerri 1 5.00%
Parvati 7 35.00%
Russell 3 15.00%
Sandra 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #106 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-04-30, 11:36 AM
Veteran

Interesting episode last night...I still say they will have to be really creative to get rid of Parvati.

Russell looks to be on borrowed time...bad move last night...but when you have the idol as much as him...he probably just figures he'll get another if he needs it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-04-30, 02:00 PM
Digital Sage

I would have done the same thing as Russell. Who wants to leave with an idol in their pocket. Besides, from all the chatter he was the target for some time.

Interesting how Sandra voted with the villains.
post #108 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-04-30, 02:52 PM
Veteran

Well like Rupert said...Sandra came to him right away...but when he told the Heroes what she had to say...they didn't buy into it...so she went back to the villians.

All someone has to do is mention that they are going after Russell though...and she'll flip the switch...as she hates him.

post #109 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-04-30, 10:16 PM
Veteran

I'm just glad Amanda is gone. Her fake puppy eyes, and pout were driving me crazy. She looked like she was stoned all the time.
post #110 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-01, 08:51 AM

She was really easy on the eyes . Im going to miss her for sure.
post #111 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-01, 11:58 AM
PFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I'm just glad Amanda is gone. Her fake puppy eyes, and pout were driving me crazy. She looked like she was stoned all the time.
Who knows what grows in that jungle. :-)
post #112 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-03, 12:53 AM

Larry: "I'm just glad Amanda is gone. Her fake puppy eyes, and pout were driving me crazy. She looked like she was stoned all the time."
Well, I'm really going to miss her. She was a natural beauty with no implants and looked
fantastic without any makeup, stylish hairdo, or fancy clothes!
post #113 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-03, 10:41 AM

Exactly! A couple of weeks ago in a "Huh" (Have You Heard) item before going to commercials, Global BC showed a picture of her in heavy make-up for a pageant contest or something. I was like, "Gee, no thanks! I'll take her look in the Survivor contest better." I don't think she looks stoned in Survivor. Perhaps she just feels herself losing ground recently or to act like that to others.
post #114 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-06, 10:14 PM
PFD

Another brilliant play. I like how this season has been full of "chess" plays.
post #115 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 08:45 AM

^and all done by the puppetmaster. Russell is by far the best survivor player ever (even though he hasn't won yet)
post #116 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 08:51 AM
Digital Sage

and he won't win. People on the jury all had their little feelings hurt. Boo Hoo.

It's amazing how he get gets out of trouble.
post #117 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 10:06 AM
Veteran

Russell plays an aggressive game but ends up making everyone mad at him. He is very "in the game" all the time and wants to be in control. What I find is that he is not afraid to say "you're next" right to people's faces. He is very "out there" - even wearing the hidden immunity idol to tribal council (last season). He has done things never done before by anyone. His strategy gets him far in the game, but it will never result in a win unless the others simply recognize him for his aggressive style.
post #118 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 11:12 AM
Veteran

probably wont win because the jury think more about there feelings vs who actually won the game... its to bad that the jury always picks the lesser of two evils instead of the winner!

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
post #119 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 11:48 AM
PFD

I agree. In terms of pure brilliant "outwitting" Russell is the best player ever.

However,in order to win the game you have to get votes from the people you've cast out. And that, in a way, is what makes this a great game. Because to win the game you need a good balancing act between outright aggressiveness, yet not pissing everyone off.

It's the nature of the game, and Russell doesn't realize it. That's why he'll never win. Viewers will vote him Best Player Ever, but his strategy doesn't endear him to the people who control the vote.

Some, not necessarily myself, might argue that Sandra deserves to win as much as Russell. She's stayed on top of the game, aware of all the dealings and double dealings, but kept herself out of harm's way...that's as viable a strategy.
post #120 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 01:51 PM
Veteran

i suppose if the vote was 50% viewers(we pay the bills after all) and 50% jury we may have seen some very different outcomes over the years.... Again editing could be swaying many peoples votes..

I hate to bring up Big Brother..LOL my wife and my guilty summer pleasure... But it being on 3 nites a week really gets you into the heads of the people on the show. Viewers do get to play a roll in the way the game outcome plays out..

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in