In HD: Survivor: Heroes & Villains - Page 10 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: Who will win Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians?
Colby 0 0%
Jerri 1 5.00%
Parvati 7 35.00%
Russell 3 15.00%
Sandra 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #136 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 09:15 AM
Veteran

that sucks man... been there done that in the past...

Great show last nite.. man im really holding out for Russel but it seems to me he is done, last nites loss of Rupert really says it all. Girls vs Boys from here on out... Unless Russel wins an immunity? Colby, man that guy is useless. That guy may actually go to the final for doing nothing right! LOL..

Looking forward to Sunday... double check your PVR's!

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 09:33 AM

yeah Colby..I don't know if that is part of his strategy to not be seen as a threat or if he just really sucks at everything lol. He cant win an immunity to save his own life.
post #138 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 09:38 AM
PFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWildish View Post
I normally watch Survivor at 11:00 on the west coast feed because I'm unable to watch the 8:00 east coast feed. But I do watch CSI and Mentalist starting at 9:00 on the east coast feed. Last night, doing this spoiled Survivor for me because several times between 9:00 and 11:00, CBS east showed a preview of the Survivor finale on Sunday in which they revealed the identity of the 5 finalists! Only someone who had just watched the east coast feed of Survivor minutes earlier would have known who was voted out and who the five finalists were. So by revealing their identity immediately after the show ended, CBS east ruined the show for anyone who had PVR'd it for watching later, anyone who was planning on watching the west coast feed later. and for any west coast viewers who might be watching the east coast feed of CSI or Mentalist. Given how many people today use PVRs to customize their viewing schedule or who choose to watch shows from different time zones for the same reason CBS should have had the good sense not to openly disclose the results of the show until after it had been aired in all time zones.
No offence BWildish, but I disagree. You shouldn't be watching CBS east after Survivor aired and then complain that they threw in spoilers. Once something airs, spoilers are fair game. If you really don't want to know, then stay away from "live" tv.

post #139 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 10:17 AM
Digital Sage

I was hoping Sandra went home without playing Idol. She is useless. Parv was saved by winning the idol. I think Jerri would have voted for her.
post #140 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 11:13 AM
PFD

You keep saying that about Sandra. I keep disagreeing. How is she more useless than, say, Jerri or Colby or even Rupert? I'll agree that Pavartti and Russell have been playing the game, but Sandra has also been playing the game well. It's not all about winning challenges.

IMO, she is the third most deserving of the million dollars.
post #141 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 12:12 PM
Veteran

What I find interesting at this point in the game this season, is that there are no clear alliances left. Rupert and Colby were a team - more out of necessity. Right now it is a free for all.
post #142 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 12:20 PM
Digital Sage

At this point in the game, it comes down to winning challenges, something I can't see Sandra doing.

The women will vote for Sandra(final 3) since she's a woman and isn't named Russell.

I wonder how many times Sandra will threaten to vote out Russell on Sunday? That dog don't hunt.

The fact that Russell and his in your face tactics have gone this far makes him the winner of this season.

Few winners are remembered and fewer losers. Russell has broken that trend.
post #143 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 12:59 PM
Veteran

The unfortunate part is the jury usually will recognize amazing game play but they totally discount it for the lesser of 2 evils. Last year Russel came second to a girl(what was her name? Bet Jeff has already forgot) who had no clue she was going to win. During question period in front of the jury she looked like she lost she had nothing "good" to say to even sway the vote... But the jury then looks for the easy way out and will use: "well she survived, stayed under the radar", all the coat tail riding traits to get to the end. Anything to not give the win to the guy who kicked all of there ARRSES! They guy who owned them! The bad guy...

I suppose i can understand it. If a gun was held to my head and i had to pick between a nice person and bad person who managed to achieve the same goals. i guess i would award the nice person too... I guess thats what makes the game so good, it really is a balancing act..

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
post #144 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 01:46 PM
PFD

Like i said, I agree that Russell has been the most INTERESTING player; but his style is not conducive to winning the game. You need to balance what he does with gaining respect from the other players. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that's the way people win.

James...if you were on Survivor, would you adopt a tactic like Russell's, knowing that though people will not forget you, you're not going home with a million dollars? In the end, Russell's style doesn' t win the game.

Russell's disadvantage is that he hasn't had time to learn from the similar mistakes he made in his last game.

All in all, to me, Pavartti is the best player because she has blended careful game play, has won crucial challenges, and hasn't alienated the whole tribe. She stands a chance of winning. Russell does not.

Last edited by Cyclism; 2010-05-14 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote.
post #145 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 05:26 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWildish View Post
I normally watch Survivor at 11:00 on the west coast feed because I'm unable to watch the 8:00 east coast feed. But I do watch CSI and Mentalist starting at 9:00 on the east coast feed. Last night, doing this spoiled Survivor for me because several times between 9:00 and 11:00, CBS east showed a preview of the Survivor finale on Sunday in which they revealed the identity of the 5 finalists! Only someone who had just watched the east coast feed of Survivor minutes earlier would have known who was voted out and who the five finalists were. So by revealing their identity immediately after the show ended, CBS east ruined the show for anyone who had PVR'd it for watching later, anyone who was planning on watching the west coast feed later. and for any west coast viewers who might be watching the east coast feed of CSI or Mentalist. Given how many people today use PVRs to customize their viewing schedule or who choose to watch shows from different time zones for the same reason CBS should have had the good sense not to openly disclose the results of the show until after it had been aired in all time zones.
Viewers in the US cannot watch shows time shifted like we can in Canada. There is no East or West feed to choose from--only what is available in their time zone. To insure that you don't accidentally find out the results before you watch the show, you must watch Survivor first--and also not look on forums like this after the show has aired. There is nothing silly about what CBS did at all.
post #146 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-16, 10:07 PM
Veteran

I was right...
post #147 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-16, 10:57 PM
Digital Sage

Congrats to Russell, the best player from this season and last.

Sandra proved, once again, how useless she is but some people respect being a failure.

Parv also played a great game.
post #148 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-17, 01:25 AM
Veteran

Parvati would have won if Russell wasn't such a hated player. She lost because of her alliance with Russell. It is amazing that a person that has not won one challenge has won survivor twice. If it wasn't for players like Russell and Boston Rob, there would be no Survivor because no one would want to watch boring people like Sandra.

I wonder if the jury would vote for Russell if he did say in his speech that he crossed the line, lied to almost everybody, was a mean SOB, but that it is "only a game"--it is not real life. Or does the jury just hate him too much?
post #149 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-17, 08:30 AM

Im starting to wonder if the only reason Russel makes it to the end every time is because he is willing to be the hated one and everyone wants to be beside the hated one at the end. He does all the damage and takes all the blame himself.

He was the best survivor to never get a single winning vote. Who is more of a failure...Sandra or Russel?

In the way the game is played winning challenges is meaningless if people are willing to take you to the end...proven by Sandra..twice.

When Russel was telling Sandra that she only had one vote on the jury I realized how clueless he was. Had he seen the outcome of his first season he would have known.

Hence why Russel was so emotional at the first final. He knew he had no chance on the second and played the game to get to the end...but never win.
post #150 of 163 (permalink) Old 2010-05-17, 08:49 AM
Veteran

Too bad for Russell as he seems to be almost the best player ever...except he's missing the social element...because he is so focused and wound up during the game.

Coach nailed it...had he been a penatent man...he may have swayed some votes...but to get none...and have them reward failure...makes me question the game.

Parvati played another great game...what an absolute doll...

Rupert was a hoot when he blew a gasket on Russell...but he really shouldn't talk...in fact I was surprised he was classified as a hero in the first place.

Along with Russell...I would like to see the rules changed up a bit...with clear direction (like from a Judge in court) that the jury must vote for who they think played the game the best...instead of voting against someone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in