Tim Horton's on How I met your mother - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-16, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Tim Horton's on How I met your mother

Last Monday they where sitting on the roof top
with a can of Tim Horton's coffee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-16, 09:04 PM
Rookie

Ya, noticed the Tin.

They also featured Tim's when Barney went to Canada and got beat up in the store.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-16, 09:24 PM
Rookie

james99, that was an excellent episode! Woulda been so much better if they had used proper vernacular, eg. "Double-double"

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-16, 09:29 PM
Rookie

A good episode, on the whole, but Barney was a little too over-the-top with his pitch of Tims coffee, I felt.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-16, 10:18 PM

They really do a good job with the Canada digs. They're witty, have a grain of truth running through them, and poke fun at typical American stereotypes of Canadians. It works because there are obviously some Canadian writers and Cobie Smulders is Canadian herself.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-16, 10:20 PM
Rookie

Love the Mason Raymond comment a few seasons back and the numerous Canucks jersey sightings.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-16, 11:40 PM
Rookie

I noticed it as well. Back when they went to Tims I questioned, on here, whether they had some sort of promotional deal with the company, it would look like they do. It is worth pointing out, as I may have in the other thread, that Tim Hortons opened their first store in NYC back in the summer.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-17, 06:02 AM
Rookie

Ok, I saw it too and considering the theme of the episode was about smoking, I assumed they were using the Tim's can as a big butt bucket. So what were they really saying?

Congo
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-17, 09:08 AM
Rookie

Well with Tim Hortons opening stores in America now (New York Times Square the one getting most media attention as of late), it was bound to happen. HIMYM is based in New York.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-17, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

At the beginning of the episode when they are on the roof you can see the name "Tim Horton's" on the tin (maybe for advertisement?) and a the end the name was missing (maybe because they use the tin as a ashtray) but still able to see at least for us Canadian it was a Tim Horton's tin
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-17, 09:27 AM
jem
Rookie

Interesting note (for me, anyway) regarding Tim's in the US. One of the newer stores is in my home town of St. Albans, West-by-God-Virginia. Talk about out-of-the-way locations!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-12-28, 11:05 AM

Let's keep this thread on topic. It's about HIMYM, the way they featured Tim Horton's recently, and about the way the poke fun at Canada. I've deleted a bunch of posts debating Tim's as a restaurant. That's getting way too off topic for this forum and this thread.

A debate about the merit of Tim's doesn't belong here. If you want to have that discussion, start a thread in the News, Weather, Sports and Anything Else forum.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-01-06, 11:53 AM

Funny how the only "Canadian" television worth watching is the US shows that reference Canada in them somehow. I used to get excited when that happened... when I was like 5.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in