Amazing Race 15 Discussion (Starts Sept 27th) - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: Who will win Amazing Race 15?
Meghan and Cheyne 26 92.86%
Sam and Dan 1 3.57%
Brian and Ericka 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-28, 12:21 PM
Rookie

I'm glad the show is back on.Didn't like the poker players or the meat head lawyer. Very pissed at the CBS feed being cut off,and there appeared to be very long commercial breaks in the first hour.The whole 2 hour show could have been shown in 1 hour.
I will now PVR the CTV feed and watch it the next day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-28, 03:20 PM
Rookie

jayoldschool : "I was really disappointed with this premiere. The "sushi" bit was waaayyyyy too long. Actually, the whole episode was. Everything that happened could have been edited down to an hour."
Exactly! The first hour really dragged. Fortunately, the second hour was much better.
post #18 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-28, 05:05 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99gecko View Post
Agreed. I find it very ironic that they couldn't hold their bluff for more than the first week!
Poker players are supposed to be smart, but these two girls aren't too bright--they should have known that they would have been recognized at an airport somewhere. Better to be disliked for being poker players rather than being hated for being liars.

post #19 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-28, 05:20 PM
Rookie

All in all I enjoyed it, although I also thought it was a bit dragged out for the sushi game show segment. I also thought that was the easiest and most lame speedbump they have ever had - dump the veggies and meat into the broth and give it to a guy - real tough.

BTW, I too had the last 15 minutes cut off my first recording thanks to the monkeys at Shaw who decided to simsub Cold Case. Thankfully, I was able to DVR it again for the later showing, but had to dump Desperate Housewives since there was no way I was going to miss my Dexter premiere. Guess I am gonna have to download DH for the wife now.
post #20 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-29, 07:32 AM
Rookie

Location: Ottawa, ON - Sharp Aquos 52" LCD - Bell 9200, 4x5900, 3x3100, E50 DVD-R, Harmony 880, Garmin C550
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy27 View Post
they should have known that they would have been recognized at an airport somewhere.
While I agree they is a wide scattering of populous at an airport, I would not have thought a poker player to be that recogizable. She could have been sitting next to me on the plane for 12 hours I would never have guessed.

What she should have done is said "Huh? No, sorry, you must be mistaking me for someone else.' They likely would not have given it a second thought. I'm mistaken for other people all the time. Sometimes it even works to my advantage

The sushi bit was indeed long (could be cut 10-15 minutes), but aside from that I thought it was a good episode. Couldn't have picked a better non-starting team

FWIW - The CBSHD West Coast feed on Bell was perfect. No issues with delays / simsub / other shows / etc.
post #21 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-29, 07:37 AM
Rookie

I missed it... any channel showing the premiere again before next week's episode?
post #22 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-29, 08:13 AM
Rookie

Rogers On Demand has it: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../02/c9645.html

Not sure about other cable companies.

Doesn't OLN show it?
post #23 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-29, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

I enjoyed the first episode. I didn't think eliminating one team within ten minutes was fair and hope they never do that again.

Teams I don't like include Lance/Keri and Mika/Canaan. Right now I'm rooting for the Harlem Globetrotters, "Flight Time" & "Big Easy", Zev/Justin and Gary/Matt.

I'm disappointed at the lack of eye candy

post #24 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-29, 11:04 AM
Rookie

Ehh I'm trying to enjoy this show but I just can't get into it. The lack of HD is a real downer, I used to hate Survivor too but the HD is beautiful so now I watch it and it's yet another "reality drama" but not so bad.

Really how hard can it be to get a decent portable HD camera? They give the winners $1M why not just offer them $999,000
post #25 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-29, 12:36 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
I enjoyed the first episode. I didn't think eliminating one team within ten minutes was fair and hope they never do that again...
I didn't think it was unfair, as all the teams had an equal chance of moving past that point. Having said that, I also really disliked the concept and thought it was mean-spirited and unnecessarily cruel to do this to a team.
post #26 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-29, 12:41 PM
Rookie

Each team had a fair chance of winning the first task but it wasn't "fair" to us as viewers of the show IMHO.

They should have started with 11 teams (like most years) and not 12.

Anyway, the poker girls couldn't resist stating who they were. The second of fame went to their head and may cost them some allies.
post #27 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-29, 01:05 PM
Rookie

Location: Ottawa, ON - Sharp Aquos 52" LCD - Bell 9200, 4x5900, 3x3100, E50 DVD-R, Harmony 880, Garmin C550
I don't think the new twist was unfair at all. All the teams, except one, will get eliminated. May as well get rid of the weakest before spending money flying them around the world.

Paint a big "L" on their foreheads and send them home.
post #28 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-29, 04:31 PM
Rookie

It depends upon your definition of "weakest". Even the strongest team could have been eliminated because there were only 11 license plates on the wall. It was a crap shoot, just like the Japanese game show where you had to rely on a spinning wheel to get your chance to eat the wasabi.
post #29 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-29, 06:12 PM
PFD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by james99 View Post
Rogers On Demand has it: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../02/c9645.html

Not sure about other cable companies.

Doesn't OLN show it?
That's good to know. I didn't realize it was a two hour episode and flipped off at nine to watch Dexter. LOL.
post #30 of 166 (permalink) Old 2009-09-29, 11:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
I enjoyed the first episode. I didn't think eliminating one team within ten minutes was fair and hope they never do that again.

Teams I don't like include Lance/Keri and Mika/Canaan. Right now I'm rooting for the Harlem Globetrotters, "Flight Time" & "Big Easy", Zev/Justin and Gary/Matt.

I'm disappointed at the lack of eye candy
Agree with all of this. However, I would add the poker players to the don't like pile and Meghan/Cheyne to the rooting for pile.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in