V: 2009 version - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-20, 04:33 PM

I love sci fi shows but you guys have to be fair with this one. We all know how the 80's version was so it is unfair to try to make things happen quicker. I can't recall how long it took in the original series to see the lizards.

Personally, I think they do a much better remake to V than what had been done to Knight Rider or The Bionic Woman. Overall, I am pleased with the story line so far.

On a somewhat related note, Flashforward is loosing my attention. It is sci fi but they seem to get away from the original plot. I think V has more kudos than that series.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-21, 10:11 AM

Quote:
wasnt it Elizabeth- the human/visitor hybrid from 'The Final battle
Yes Ouser you're right that was her name I remember she kept growing up very fast
post #78 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-25, 01:44 PM

Spoiler Alert:
I was a little disappointed in last night's episode. When one of the Resistance members was ordered to skin another Fifth Column member I thought, "Finally, we are going to see what these creatures really look like under their human disguise!" Unfortunately, for me, it didn't happen.
I also thought that they could of thrown in a few "shock scenes" that would grab the audiences attention e.g. when Lisa and Logan were in a hug, I thought the camera might show her with her eyes closed as she rested her chin on his shoulder and when she opened her eyes, her pupils had changed from round to reptilian vertical slits. Another scenario could have the couple picnicking in a secluded spot and have dozens of ants eating from their discarded paper plates. Suddenly, Lisa grabs one of the plates and mops up the ants with her long lizard tongue to the shocked horror of Logan! etc. etc.
There's a couple of points that seemed illogical to me and maybe somebody can explain it? In last weeks episode, the Resistance leader while helping Ryan, the injured V, gave him an injection that instantly sends him unconscious and I then assumed that would be the end of him. In the next scene, he has recovered and the leader mumbles something about that he did it so he could check on him. Why did he have to knock him out to do this?
In last night's episode, Erica of the FBI, asks Ryan at least twice, how come he knows so much about the Vees. What made her so suspicious that he wasn't human? Anyway, I'll probably give it another shot when and if it returns in the spring.

post #79 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-27, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I was a little disappointed in last night's episode.
Yeah, me too. In fact, the series has, so far, felt lacklustre to me. Interesting but not very compelling.

Spoiler alert: Like the armada at the end, example: I kept wanting more, like maybe a glimpse of the lizzards on the bridge or something! Something to reach out a grab me! Something BSG-like!

Oh well, it's interesting, but I keep waiting to be wowed. Perhaps this is my problem?

Sony XBR-52HX909 / Sony BDP-S570 / BTV 9242 PVR / XM Inno & subs in Focus & Fiesta (all SXM)
post #80 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-27, 08:48 PM

Lizards on the bridge of one of their invasion ships would have been a great teaser to get people to tune in when and if it resumes in the spring. I felt they had so many options and possibilities to make this show really exciting but sadly they dropped the ball.IMHO
post #81 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-28, 11:58 AM

I think a series coming back after 4 months will probably be harmful to its survival. I mean March 2010?

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #82 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-28, 02:59 PM

...and why would the aliens, when talking amongst themselves, refer to themselves as V's ? Would they not refer to themselves by their species name when there are no humans around?
post #83 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-28, 04:09 PM

They are talking in their native language which is translated for us, just like Star Trek, et al.
post #84 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-28, 04:27 PM
Veteran

Hasn't anyone on Earth wondered how these aliens look exactly like humans? I mean come on - right down to the same hair styles, and makeup. I know I would be suspicious.
post #85 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-28, 06:01 PM
Veteran

I believe looking like humans was the intent. They're simply wearing a disguise to fool us.
post #86 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-28, 06:03 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I think a series coming back after 4 months will probably be harmful to its survival.
Not to mention, the aliens could take over the world in that time and we'd never know about it. ;-)
post #87 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-28, 07:18 PM

JamesK
"I believe looking like humans was the intent. They're simply wearing a disguise to fool us."
You've got that right. Those pesky aliens are intelligent and sneaky!
post #88 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-28, 09:19 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXAM View Post
JamesK
"I believe looking like humans was the intent. They're simply wearing a disguise to fool us."
You've got that right. Those pesky aliens are intelligent and sneaky!
I know that's their intent. I mean why aren't the humans (on the show) more suspicious of aliens looking like them? They should know that they are lizards underneath the fake skin (don't these people watch any science fiction?)
post #89 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-28, 09:54 PM

Larry "They should know that they are lizards underneath the fake skin (don't these people watch any science fiction? "
Some people never learn, I guess. They must be related to the characters in movies who say, when tracking a mutilating, mutant monster, "I'll circle 'round back to head him off. " Or, the guy who goes down to the cellar to check the fuse box when the lights go out knowing there's an escaped homicidal maniac in the area. Then there's the guy who goes to investigate what's making the strange noise upstairs of an old mansion who says to his terrified girlfriend:"Don't worry Honey, it's only the shutters banging against the house and I'll be back before you know it."
All these well-worn scenarios were in the Saturday movie matinees when I was growing up and we would yell out, "Don't go!", "Don't go!" but they went anyway.
post #90 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-29, 02:43 PM
OTA Forum Moderator

Question Who is John May?

Did "John May", who has been mentioned a few times already in the new series as a Fifth Column leader from the past, appear in the first series?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in