V: 2009 version - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-11, 08:27 AM

Vees as in Visitors minus the isitors.

You know you have been watching too many programs when you hear a line that was used in another series of a totally different genre: When in the first episode, someone shouts "I love V" which was said in the HBO series TrueBlood referring to the addictive drug V taken from Vampires blood and consumed by humans.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-11, 02:39 PM
Veteran

Stutter on CFTO?

I recorded last night's episode via OTA on a Bell 9242 receiver. I found throughout playback the audio and video to stutter every 4 or 5 minutes or so. Occasionally I would estimate up to 2 to 5 seconds would be missing.

The Bell 9242 is known for having jittery playback, but my experience is that it is for a fraction of a second and the playback is occasionally frozen-framed when it happens. It usually occurs when other shows are concurrently recording, which was not the case for me last night. It also happens on the 9242 when using rewind and pause excessively. None of the above scenarios represented our viewing last night (other than to skip past commercials). It was like the video instantaneously skipped forward.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this last night, either live or recorded?
post #63 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-11, 03:28 PM

Danster: "You know you have been watching too many programs when you hear a line that was used in another series of a totally different genre."

Many years ago, TV Guide published an article entitled, "Does the Dialogue Seem Familar?" (or something very close to this) Anyway, they showed excerpts from the scripts of the most popular TV shows at the time including: Dramas, Cop Shows, and Westerns. In each example, the lines were identical except for the characters' names and the location of the story. Apparently, the same team of writers wrote most of the scripts for the various shows. I don't know if this was acceptable to the producers but it seems to me they were being paid for work that they had already been well compensated for and was not original content.

post #64 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-18, 01:20 AM

I keep wondering; when are we going to see some lizards? I wouldn't be surprised that next week's episode will have one of the Visitors show their real self and that will be the hook to get people to keep watching "V" after the hiatus.
post #65 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-18, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I keep wondering; when are we going to see some lizards? I wouldn't be surprised that next week's episode will have one of the Visitors show their real self and that will be the hook to get people to keep watching "V" after the hiatus.
mmm can't wait for some lizards I hope the blonde chick (lisa) will be pregnant
(reminds you someting guys ?)
post #66 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-18, 06:47 PM

gretzky:
"I hope the blonde chick (lisa) will be pregnant
(reminds you someting guys ?)"
Can you give me a clue? I've been racking my brain and I can't come up with an answer. All I can think of is: In the 1983 version, an attractive young female Visitor got pregnant and I believe the father was a human. I recall that she had a discolouration around her neck which indicated she was pregnant. In reality, a reptile (the Visitor) and a mammal (human) could not reproduce. Even closely related species cannot produce hybrids such as: frogs X toads, rabbits X hares, alligators X crocodiles etc.
post #67 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-18, 07:29 PM

The only thing I can come up with is the movie "Species".

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #68 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-18, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Can you give me a clue? I've been racking my brain and I can't come up with an answer. All I can think of is: In the 1983 version, an attractive young female Visitor got pregnant and I believe the father was a human. I recall that she had a discolouration around her neck which indicated she was pregnant. In reality, a reptile (the Visitor) and a mammal (human) could not reproduce. Even closely related species cannot produce hybrids such as: frogs X toads, rabbits X hares, alligators X crocodiles etc.
this is the idea but in fact i was opposite
it was a human female got pregnant got twins from a visitor one girl ok but with a reptilian tongue
( aka the girl who saved the planet can't remember her name)
and one ugly green reptilian puppet and i think this idea has been picked up again but opposite i might be wrong but rememeber guys those are reptilians but they are aliens so everything is possible
post #69 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-18, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXAM View Post
gretzky:
"I hope the blonde chick (lisa) will be pregnant
(reminds you someting guys ?)"
Some species CAN though like wolves x coyotes. Species is a bad word to use as distinction can be difficult, however, due this very issue and others. Genetics is hard!
post #70 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-18, 11:02 PM

polaris:
"Some species CAN thought like wolves and coyotes. Species is a bad word to use as distinction can be difficult, however, due this very issue and others."

Yes, of course they can because they are in the same family (Canis)! All members of the Big Cat family can interbreed e.g. tiger X lion = tigon and liger. There are other animal hybrids such as: jackass X mare = mule (stallion X female donkey produces a very weak hybrid called a hinny or jenny) coyote X domestic dog = coydogs etc. I read last year that they even crossed a South American llama with a camel. As long as the two animals are in the same family, it's possible for them to interbreed and produce offspring. However, the hybrids they produce are almost 100% sterile so every mule you see has a male donkey as its father and a female horse as its mother.
post #71 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-19, 03:28 PM

wasnt it Elizabeth- the human/visitor hybrid from 'The Final battle'

Shaw Direct DVR830 / DVR 605/ 605, Sony Xbr65" 950E", Sony XBR4 850d, Oppo 980H, Yamaha 7.1 Surround, PS4! WDLive
post #72 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-20, 02:02 AM

Gave it 3 episodes- I've just about seen enough. I'll give it one more and if it doesn't show signs of improvement, I'm done.
post #73 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-20, 02:28 AM

jokeDR "Gave it 3 episodes- I've just about seen enough. I'll give it one more and if it doesn't show signs of improvement, I'm done."

I'm thinking the same thing. If I don't see some serious lizard action pretty soon, I'm probably going to bail, too!
post #74 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-20, 08:42 AM
Veteran

Location: Ottawa, ON - Sharp Aquos 52" LCD - Bell 9200, 4x5900, 3x3100, E50 DVD-R, Harmony 880, Garmin C550
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeDR View Post
Gave it 3 episodes- I've just about seen enough. I'll give it one more and if it doesn't show signs of improvement, I'm done.
You realize that it is only a 4-part miniseries and there may not be any more anyway, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXAM View Post
If I don't see some serious lizard action pretty soon, I'm probably going to bail, too!
Oh, "Lizard action", for a minute there I thought you said something else I was going to suggest a different channel LOL
post #75 of 169 (permalink) Old 2009-11-20, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosborne View Post
You realize that it is only a 4-part miniseries and there may not be any more anyway, right?

Oh, "Lizard action", for a minute there I thought you said something else I was going to suggest a different channel LOL

No I wasn't aware of that. I was under the impression that if ratings were acceptable, the network intended to give it a full order. Thanks for informing me. And LOL! good one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in