TekSavvy expands outside Ontario - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 2020-01-29, 10:27 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Wow! Sounds like you are an employee of Rogers there ExDilbert.
Nope. Just a happy Rogers customer (for internet anyway.) I was a happy DSL customer with TSI for over 10 years and sang their praises. Then I made the mistake of switching to cable internet and the nightmare began. TSI did so many unethical and possibly illegal things over the span of a few months that I cannot recommend them to anyone. Technical issues (and there were lots) are one thing but that experience made every other company I have ever dealt with look like angels.

Then I met a Rogers rep who made me an offer that was cheaper than TSI with a guaranteed price for several years. With Rogers cable internet the technical issues disappeared and I have been with them since. Rogers isn't perfect but they are better to deal with then Bell or TSI. The internet is always faster than promised and uptime is about 99.9%. It wasn't always so but the past several years have been good. The only time I've been without internet are when the modem failed and when some idiot dug up the cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 2020-01-30, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 View Post
@Gentleman :

2. The Rogers Modem/Router is a modem/router, not just a modem. Single purpose modems (like the Surfboard) have not been an option for quite a few years.
Well, that's pitiful. If the device quits, you have no connectivity between internal devices.

Who was the brilliant one that thought that up?

Personally I like the freedom a TPIA provides and if it wasn't for TPIA's, our broadband internet invoices would be completely unaffordable.

Delhi SFA 1483, Antennacraft Suburban VHF, CM7778
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 2020-01-30, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDilbert View Post
Nope. Just a happy Rogers customer (for internet anyway.) I was a happy DSL customer with TSI for over 10 years and sang their praises. Then I made the mistake of switching to cable internet and the nightmare began.
Once again, you are comparing apples to oranges. Making comparisons from the previous decade to today is ludicrous. I would bet if you switched ISP's today, you would sing a different tune.

If Rogers is so wonderful, why is market share of the TPIA's increasing?

Delhi SFA 1483, Antennacraft Suburban VHF, CM7778

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 2020-01-30, 08:44 AM
Veteran

Cool to see them in NB. I wish the CRTC would get the fiber wholesale pricing sorted out so TPIAs can use that, though. Would love to get Teksavvy on a fiber line.
Gentleman likes this.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 2020-01-30, 10:59 AM
Veteran

Quote:
If Rogers is so wonderful, why is market share of the TPIA's increasing?
I can think of several reasons. Expanded service area is an obvious one. TPIAs still have a fairly small market share so increasing it is relatively easy. More people are abandoning BDU TV services and see no need to get internet service from them. The savings gained by switching to a TPIA are often vastly overstated once things like retention offers and bundling discounts are taken into account.

There was a time when I aggressively shopped for the best deal in telecommunications and there are savings to be had. However, I've seen the savings shrink. I've also seen a lot of issues with TPIAs and related services that they offer. The monthly savings for services are often cancelled by increased equipment costs, poor customer support and, inferior or unreliable services. Some TPIAs are so bad they shouldn't even be in business.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 2020-02-07, 03:28 PM
Rookie

Used to be a TekSavvy customer but switched to CIK Telecom due to pricing. CIK is always cheaper than Teksavvy on the same plan. Unlike the big guys that may charge extra rental fees, I prefer these TPIA that offers a price including all the fees.

This news may indicate the TPIAs think Ontario market is going to be saturated, anyway, more company involved means more competition and more discounts, good news for everyone.
Gentleman likes this.

Tags
isp , teksavvy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in