Beanfield Discussions - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 2014-11-03, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Beanfield Discussions

I've been a happy 100/100Mbps fibre customer of Beanfield for a year and this past week got notice that my speed has been bumped up to 250/250Mbps at no additional cost! People at the lower speed tier got bumped up to 100/100Mbps.

Needless to say there's been a lot of happy customers judging by the tweets.

Doing some testing I was able to get 32MB/s downloads. speedtest.net was punching 262-263Mbps up and down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2014-11-03, 01:58 PM

Out of curiosity what does a plan like that cost per month and what is the bandwidth limit now?

I have a photographic memory, trouble is most times the lens cap is on.
Old 2014-11-03, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

$75 per month for 250MBps. No bandwidth limit. No traffic shaping. No filtering.

$45 for 100Mbps. $200 for 500Mbps.

Only serving downtown Toronto. Our condo was retrofitted last year. Suffice to say I've been waiting a long time for this.

Got their TV service for $40 though I'm not being billed yet. Their set-top box sucks right now. Quite buggy and no online PVR yet. I suspect billing will start once the software is better.

Last edited by 57; 2014-11-04 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Language.

Old 2015-06-14, 09:58 AM
Veteran

Is anyone in Toronto using this Provider

Is anyone on this board using Beanfield fibre to the Suite as an Internet provider? They offer service in Downtown Toronto to high end condos, and are priced very reasonable with symmetrical 500/500 service.

Last edited by 57; 2015-06-14 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Merged.
Old 2016-02-26, 11:09 AM

How has the Beanfield Metroconnect picture quality been lately?

I worked with these guys over the PanAm Games last summer (HD-SDI transports) and was quite impressed with their technology and services.
They service condos and offices in Harbourfront, Liberty Village and the south end of downtown Toronto.

You never hear anything about this company.
Old 2020-02-03, 02:49 PM

Beanfield Technologies Expands Fiber Footprint into Montreal with Acquisition of Openface

Beanfield Technologies Inc., an independent telecommunications infrastructure provider in Canada serving the enterprise, carrier and multi-dwelling units markets, today announced its acquisition of Openface Inc., a leading provider of fiber-based telecom services primarily to small and medium-sized businesses as well as enterprise customers.

Openface serves a well-diversified customer base spread across Montreal through a portfolio of 100 kilometers of owned fiber, more than 200 on-net buildings, and over 3,000 near-net buildings. As part of the transition, Openface's employees will join Beanfield and the company will maintain its current location in Montreal providing Beanfield with an additional presence in the city.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in