Aliant rolling out FTTH in New Brunswick - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 124 (permalink) Old 2010-05-05, 09:24 PM

Accelerated rollout of fibre to the home technology

From Aliant's Quarterly Report
Quote:
Bell Aliant expects to invest $350 million over 2011 and 2012 on fibre to the home. This accelerated investment will add approximately $100 million annually to Bell Aliant's current capital program run rate for those years. While almost all homes and businesses in Bell Aliant's competitive territory have access to the company's high-speed Internet services, this expansion of FTTH will mean by the end of 2012 over 600,000 homes and businesses or approximately one third of Bell Aliant's competitive territory will have access to this leading edge technology, significantly increasing Bell Aliant's TV coverage area and advancing its competitive position.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 124 (permalink) Old 2010-05-07, 09:19 AM

This is good news, that they are still planning to expand the Fibre network. Hopefully they will continue to expand beyond 2012 and bring Fibre to the entire Atlantic Provinces (or at least NB! )

I love my FibreOp service - great web experience and TV is good quality as well with the basic packages suiting my family's watching patterns.
post #123 of 124 (permalink) Old 2010-05-08, 06:00 PM

I'll be very happy when it arrives in Newfoundland.

Aliant rolling out their FTTH in NB forced Rogers to roll out their 80 Mbps package to compete.

The fastest in Newfoundland? Aliant only offer up to 13 Mbps (only up to 7 if you subscribe to their IPTV) and Rogers offer a 16 Mbps / 90 gig a month cap package for $70. (Rogers website say they offer the 25 and 50 Mbps lines in Newfoundland, but there is no DOCSIS3 rollout anywhere in the province, it's a website mistake)

post #124 of 124 (permalink) Old 2011-05-05, 04:08 PM
Rookie

Ftth sub-contracting companies in New-Brunswick...

Hello there,

I'm looking for a sub-contracting company in New-Brunswick, Canada. I'm a fiber splicer (contractor) looking for expansion in the province.

Can anyone give me a hint who's looking for contractors?

Thank you in advance,

lc2winz!!!!

Tags
aliant , ftth , iptv

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in