Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Rogers Loyalty Program Introduced 2013, To Shut Down June 30, 2016.

38K views 83 replies 26 participants last post by  17671 
#1 ·
Not sure the proper sub-forum to put this in, as it appears to apply to all Rogers services. Today, Rogers announced a loyalty program where you get dollar-for-dollar in "points" that you can redeem for upgrades in your services.
In regions where we offer cable, internet and home phone, we’ll be adding rewards such as upgraded internet packages; home phone long distance; premium TV content and Rogers On Demand movies.
Thank you! Rogers rewards customers with new loyalty program | Rogers RedboardRogers Redboard

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Apparently, there will be different 'tiers'. Likely, the more services you have, the higher the tier you will be on.

At the starting Silver tier, customers get one point for every dollar they spend at Rogers, which can be bumped up to 1.5 points at the Gold tier, and 2 points at the Platinum tier.
Rogers introduces new loyalty reward program | CrackBerry.com

#2 ·
I get the sinking feeling that this program will be used to replace the retention discounts a lot of us have been accustomed to. It's hard to imagine Rogers is going to have a decrease in revenues because of this. It would be nice if these points were retroactive to the beginning of a customer's service time with Rogers. Otherwise, it doesn't really reward loyalty.

#6 ·
Besides, loyalty is loyalty. Being an early adopter (which I'm not) is mutually exclusive to being a loyal customer. They should "see" easily that I've spent more than $75K on one phone service alone. If I include internet, cables, pager and other phone lines, I'm sure I've spent more than $100K since 1992.

#7 ·
And if you're a "Better Choice Bundles" package subscriber, read the fine print carefully:
Better Choice Bundles™ Customers. You acknowledge that if you currently participate in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program or other discount program, and you are otherwise eligible for the Program, you may enroll in the Program. However, you acknowledge and agree that once you enroll in the Program you will no longer be eligible for any Rogers Better Choice Bundles discount or other applicable discount, and such discount will automatically be discontinued for all Rogers services and accounts under your name as of the start of your next billing cycle. Once you have stopped participating in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program, you will not be able to re-enroll

I wonder if this also applies to retention discounts?

#15 ·
And if you're a "Better Choice Bundles" package subscriber, read the fine print carefully:
Better Choice Bundles™ Customers. You acknowledge that if you currently participate in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program or other discount program, and you are otherwise eligible for the Program, you may enroll in the Program. However, you acknowledge and agree that once you enroll in the Program you will no longer be eligible for any Rogers Better Choice Bundles discount or other applicable discount, and such discount will automatically be discontinued for all Rogers services and accounts under your name as of the start of your next billing cycle. Once you have stopped participating in the Rogers Better Choice Bundles program, you will not be able to re-enroll
That's interesting... because a friend told me the other day that last week out of the blue, Rogers phoned him and basically used the pretense of a customer satisfaction survey to point out that last month he went over his usage limit, and that in order to avoid overage charges in the future they'd be happy to upgrade him to the next package.. with no increase to his bill thanks to "20% off all your sevices the first year and 10% off in the 2nd". He said he took the offer after checking that there is no term contract and no penalty if he changes packages or leaves Rogers in the future.

Having seen audiofool's post I'm wondering if they are going to scrap his better choice bundle discount in year 3 and on. I just texted him to ask if they'd mentioned anything about Better Choice Bundle discount ending and he replied "Absolutely not!".

It could be that there was no connection between that phone call offer and this Loyalty Program, but then again this is Rogers....

#8 ·
It does not apply to retention discounts. However those discounts reduce your monthly spend so it could bump you into a lower tier in the loyalty program.

However, the loyalty program is absolute garbage. I'm sure most will opt to keep their bundle discount, unless you're a new Rogers customer who doesn't have a choice.

#13 ·
Why anyone is "loyal" to one provider over another is beyond me. Give me the best price for the services I want and I'll switch to whomever can give it to me.
That's why I never sign up for a service that has a contract period. Unless the contract price is guaranteed for the length of the contract.

#17 ·
The better choice bundle, are more the bundles what you see on the website right now, for when you first sign up, etc.

Other discounts, like his LIKELY shouldn't be effected.

From the looks of it, once the loyalty program is rolled out in everyones area.. that one needs to ENROLL in it.. and sign up for it. So its shouldn't just cut people right off from another bundle.... they can wait it out, before it.

(though, the earning of the 'points' for the bundle, In my opinion should start accumulating, etc from day one. Ok, maybe someone can not CLAIM the bonus's while on the other bundle, etc.)

#18 ·
I believe that the Better Choice Bundles discount applies according to the following:

http://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/Better-Choice-Bundles.pdf

The more services you have, the bigger the discount - up to 12%. It would seem that these discounts are being grandfathered as of August 7, 2013.

Customers on Better Choice Bundles can keep them. New customers will no longer have this option. If you are on the Better Choice Bundles discount and opt to sign up for the new First Rewards program, you will lose the Better Choice Bundles discount with no option to ever get it back! And as yyzlhr has stated, if you opt in for the new loyalty program, it is "absolute garbage".

#27 ·
Rogers has a log in page for the new loyalty program.

https://rogersfirstrewards.rogers.com/en/public/my_rogers/login/www_login_page

When I tried it, I got the following message: "Thank you for your interest in Rogers First Rewards! It looks like the program isn’t available in your area yet, but will be soon. As a result, you can’t access the site yet. We will contact you when the program becomes available in your area."

It seems like the only way to see a complete list of rewards is to be able to log in when the program is available in your area. According to Rogers, you will receive an email when it is available.

I do agree with yyzlhr though. It sounds like the new program is utter garbage!

#28 ·
I am not doubting that they are all pretty bad.

But, some people do like to see for themselves, and have ALL the information and be fully informed before making a decision.

Not that I don't trust what others are saying.. I just like to see it myself.
If I believed EVERYTHING I heard/seen on the internet... there would be about 50 pre-pubescent boys, which have slept with my mother :p (from the kids playing CoD, etc on xbox, etc) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.