Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Fibe Availability Discussions

View Single Post
post #80 of (permalink) Old 2016-04-11, 10:45 PM
richdsolution

Hi alstein, Bell reps usually can't really mesure performance. I understand exactly what would be the challenge of changing your email. But if I were you, because tehnology is getting better, I would call Bell and see how they could do better over their network. At the time I was @ 5meg, figures were in the scope, lower part but in the scope. And they would try anyting because of that. So I told them I want to go to 25meg. As explained before they came in a couples of time and found few problems. They then install what they call pair-bounding. Since then, I can't complain about speed. Without going to 25 meg, I would still be surfing at 5 meg with a lot sync lost and all sort of problem.

For ExpressVu, what model of receiver do you have? If it's a 9241 or 9242, I understand that you might have 2 feed from the dish. With the new LNB set-up, it's easy to turn 2 cables into 4 input. You could double your pvr and get 4 HD feeds, far from 8 you could have from the competition, I agree. But #1 reason to stay BEV and not moving to Fibe TV, in your case: No external hard drive can be hook-up to the receiver. One day you'll have to delete shows. Search tool is way better with BEV. If you are a VUPASS user, you'll have to wave goodbye to that feature. Also, no more 2 speeds slowmotion during your movies or sports events and way more to loose.

In what area of Montreal do you live?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome