I'm about to order the Dell Dimension 9150 with Windows media center 2005 and a dual tuner card with remote, 4GB, dual core 3.2Ghz, 1TB HD, 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX Graphics Card. I already ordered the Logitech Z-5500 and the sound blaster X-fi.
The dual TV tuner is an ATI Ehome. In this thread I learned this model will soon be discontinued. That told, the Dell rep said I can order the system with another one. Which TV tuner (digital dolby surround sound) is really by far the best on the market ? Keep in mind, I will watch TV on a HDTV LCD TV.
I learned a lot by reading this thread so thanks everyone, especially craigstar. But I'm not sure to understand everything yet, so...
1) do you think taking this computer is a good choice ? Any other computer I should look at ?
2) As far as I understand, I still need the illico decoder. The signal is sent to the TV tuner. I use the MCE remote to browse the guide downloaded from clicktv. Correct ?
3) I've been using the illico PVR for the last 2 years. Can I switch from MCE to the illico PVR to record on the illico PVR from time to time ?
4) The sound blaster features many in and out, such as digital dolby surround, 5.1 DTS, THX certified, SPDIF. I don't know how the audio out from the TV tuner is processed.
5) What do you think of the samsung LNR-328W LCD TV ?
6) How do I connect the HDMI cable from the video and audio to the LCD TV ? (the samsung has HDMI but the computer of course has a DVI output and the usual digital coaxial or SPDIF audio output)