Genesis Announces Dates for 'Turn It On Again' Tour (starts in Toronto) - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-03-07, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Genesis Announces Dates for 'Turn It On Again' Tour (starts in Toronto)

Tony Banks, Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford of the band Genesis have unveiled the dates for the N. American leg of their first tour in 15 years, kicking off at BMO Field in Toronto, on September 7th. The tour will hit 13 different cities across N. America playing a series of arenas and stadiums.

Tickets will go on sale in Montreal and Philadelphia beginning Saturday, March 10 and in Boston, Chicago, East Rutherford, Hartford and Toronto on Monday, March 12.

Tony Banks, Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford will be joined on stage by long-time Genesis sidemen, Chester Thompson on drums and Daryl Stuermer on guitar.

With the April 24 release of GENESIS: 1976-1981, Rhino Records debuts the first in a series of three box sets spotlighting 13 studio albums by one of the top-selling recording artists of all time. This 6-CD/6-DVD boxed set encompasses five studio albums recorded between 1976 and 1981, plus a bonus disc offered exclusively with this collection that gathers essential rare tracks scattered among the band's EPs and b-sides.

The 'Turn It On Again' Tour is presented in North America by ConcertProductions International.

Date: City: Venue:
Sept. 7 Toronto, ON BMO Field
Sept. 11 Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden
Sept. 14 Montreal, QC Olympic Stadium
Sept. 16 Hartford, CT Hartford Civic Center
Sept. 18 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center
Sept. 22 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena
Sept. 23 Washington, DC Verizon Center
Sept. 27 E. Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium
Sept. 29 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
Sept. 30 Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
Oct. 2 Chicago, IL United Center
Oct. 9 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion
Oct. 12 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-03-07, 06:45 PM

Location: Mississauga, Panasonic TH42PX50; Rogers 8300HD PVR; Panasonic S42 DVD; JVC 6010 Receiver
No mention of Peter Gabriel joining in? That's what I would really like to see.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-03-08, 02:28 AM
Premium Supporter

According to Billboard :
Quote:
The trio, comprised of Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks, acknowledged they had discussions a couple of years ago with former members Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett about touring behind a complete performance of the 1974 album "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway."

But after Gabriel said he couldn't commit due to obligations with a still-unfinished album, Collins, Rutherford and Banks decided to go out alone for the first time since 1992. "This is a separate thing," Collins said. "But 'Lamb' may still happen in a few years time."
It could indeed be a few years as Peter Gabriel is not usually one to rush out an album.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-03-11, 09:53 PM

all ready got tickets...

Should be a great show, I've all ready got myself tickets. There was some talk about Peter Gabriel joining them in the future, but not for this tour. I'm looking forward to it either way. Anyone else going?

dave
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-03-11, 09:57 PM

ME! I got my tickets, and am so excited, I can barely contain myself. It's pretty much all I can think about these days. Unfortunately, although I was online on the TicketMaster site at 10:00 am sharp on Friday, the best seats I could get were 30 rows back in section A1. I'm a little bummed about that (especially considering they were $227 each!), but that disappointment quickly disappears when I think that I'm finally -- after two decades of wanting it -- going to see a Genesis concert! But now comes the long wait . . . Oh well, I'll soon have the first Genesis SACD box set to assuage the impatience.

By the way, why is this in the radio section? If it weren't mentioned in the pipeline, I never would have seen it.

cheers,
supervij

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in