mounting accessories - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2005-12-28, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

mounting accessories

is there anywhere in Canada that has various mounting accessories - vehicle specific brackets etc? I have seen quite a few in the US (online)

Am I getting new Sony?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2006-01-03, 11:43 AM

Many Best Buy's offer the "Bracketron" brand which is verhicle specific and are great as there is no drilling! You use exisiting screws from the head unit to support the bracket. Unfortunately they are currently a little tougher to find and fly off the shelves...be sure to speak to the Car audio install guys as they know the most about them at this point.

Sony Bravia |Bell 9241w/1TB EHD | Rogers Home Phone/Extreme Internet | Sirius Radio | XBOX360,PS3
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2006-01-03, 07:54 PM

As mentioned by Ilyo, the Bracketron series of custom mounts work well. I've just installed one in my Jeep Grand Cherokee, and am pleased with the outcome.

The Bracketron gear can be found here:

http://www.bracketron.com/

The Canadian distributor for them is Staub Electronics:

http://www.staub.ca/

Staub will not sell to you directly, but you can send them an email asking for a list of local retailers. If you have trouble sourcing it locally, you can contact Rick Schumacker at Aero Car Parts in Edmonton. He doesn't stock the parts, but was able to get next day delivery on the items I ordered. His full contact info is as follows:

RICK SCHUMACKER

AERO CAR PARTS
440-6017 or 888 440-6017
www.aerocarparts.net
[email protected]

Good luck.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2006-01-03, 08:39 PM

As a follow-up..Best Buy seems to only be getting in the generic bracketron mounting kit. It is a great kit that features mounting options for Ipod, cell phone, PDA and sat radio...but unfortunately is not as car specific...

Sony Bravia |Bell 9241w/1TB EHD | Rogers Home Phone/Extreme Internet | Sirius Radio | XBOX360,PS3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in