FM-OTA: Great Lakes Area DXing, Tropo, Atypical Reception - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2019-06-17, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

FM-OTA: Great Lakes Area DXing, Tropo, Atypical Reception

We have a lot of DXing results on the TV side but not so much on the Radio side. In any case I was driving West of London (Mt Bridges) around 10am this morning and was just casually scanning the FM dial and I was getting CHUM FM - Toronto and 102.5 Star FM - Buffalo which usually fade just past Kitchener. Was also getting a couple Michigan stations WUOM - Ann Arbor and WDET from Detroit. 102.5 Star was rock solid even with 102.3 Bob FM just adjacent from London. These results were just with the car radio and no special antenna.

103.7 WRTS Erie was also booming in across the lake. A typical summer car station, I find, in the London area.

LONSat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2019-06-24, 12:59 PM
Rookie

Driving into Waterloo this morning around 8am I was listening to 95.9 (CFPL London) Ooccasionally it would get a digital lock and would change to CJKX-HD (Oshawa). Only happened once in analog, when London was blocked by a hill.

Closer to home, I had Buffalo stations over powering local stations. 99.5 WDCX instead of CKKW Kitchener. 106.5 WYRK instead of CIXK Owen Sound.

I've got a few presets in the car radio that I normally used to check the conditions: 102.5 WTSS Buffalo, 103.7 WRTS Erie and 104.3 WOMC Detroit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in