Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - MTS TV programming packages and pricing discussion
View Single Post
post #49 of (permalink) Old 2015-03-29, 09:40 AM
shawguy
Premium Supporter

Location: Winnipeg with MTS Ultimate TV, MTS Lightning 25 & VOIP Phone Service.
Post MTS Offer - Home Expressions 2015

Hello,

I know the home expressions show ends today, but I thought I would share what they were trying to sign new customers up with at the show with.

Basically you get MTS TV with 9 (or 10 can't fully remember) theme groups, Free PVR rental for 24 months, High Speed 10, and Phone with 4 calling features for $80 per month for 6 months. If you want additional TV's its $3 per TV (standard rate). So for 3 TV's they quoted $86 per month + tax.

This is similar to the letters they mail out all the time with the TV + 4 theme groups, High Speed 10, and Phone with 4 calling features for $70 per month for the first 6 months.

The main difference is the PVR rental is included for an additional 18 months after the promo ends from the people at the home show.

Last Year I signed up for MTS TV with 4 theme groups and high speed 10 internet for $55 per month for 12 months, so it appears they are not doing the 12 month promos anymore. My promo is up in May. At that time I will probably drop the TV, and upgrade my internet to high speed 25 and bundle with my smartphone for $100 per month. (My smartphone is already $65 so not a bad deal)

Any one else know of any other deals for MTS out there for new customers?
Shawguy (yeah I know....but its been my name on here for years. haha)

- User 'K from Canada' on the MTS Community Forums
- User '7825' on the Shaw Community Forums
- I do NOT work for Shaw or have any connections to the company

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2015-03-29 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Moved to existing thread

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome