Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Android TV Box
Thread: Android TV Box
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 2015-03-01, 05:44 PM
Steve604

If you are referring to the online streaming apps, I find them to be a complete waste of time.

I've ripped my entire blu-ray collection at full quality and stream them with little to no problems through wired connections.

I have a pi on wifi in my bedroom that has a hard time keeping up to blu-ray rips. It stutters quite a bit.

As far as trouble, do some research for the most stable firmware. New isn't always better.

If I wasn't comfortable with flashing firmware, recovering bricked devices and general troubleshooting. I wouldn't buy 1. I find them, for the most part very unstable with regular crashing. My wife reboots it everytime she uses it.

I have an Alienware Alpha running kodi, way better, way faster, way more stable with better picture and sound quality, but we are also talking nearly 10 times the price. And no android apps.

If you don't want android apps I'd look for a Linux based Kodi build. Then Kodi pretty much becomes your OS, doesn't have a glitchy android OS to deal with along with a glitchy Kodi build.

Sony 75" X940D, 7.1 Klipsch, Onkyo TX-NR656, Xbox One/360, Nvidia Shield Alienware Alpha, Arris Gateway, 42" Samsung

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome