Greyhound Canada to end bus service in Western provinces - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-07-11, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Thumbs down Greyhound Canada to end bus service in Western provinces

Greyhound will no longer have service west of Ontario(except for the Vancouver-Seattle run after OCT 31/2018.This will effect over 2 million riders & over 400 job losses.

Citing fiancal loss Greyhound will no longer operate west of Ontario. Which leaves mainly runs in Ontario and the Ottawa-Montreal runs. Although Greyhound runs the Montreal-Boston & Montreal_New York City & Toronto -New York City runs those are actually Greyhound USA not Greyhound Canada, although both company's are own by First Bus out Great Britian, there viewed as seperate companies. It'll be interesting to see who takes over in Western Canada.

Red Arrow Bus Lines out of Alberta possible who all ready have runs Calgary-Edmonton? Pacific Western(PWC INC)Coach Canada out of Toronto who is actually owned by Stage Coach Lines out of Scotland. Funny the two largest inter-city coach services Greyhound(CA/US) and Coach Canada /Coach USA are owned by European entices.

Greyhound Canada to end bus service in Western provinces | CBC News

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive

Last edited by MCIBUS; 2018-07-11 at 07:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-07-11, 11:25 PM

That's a big lost for me I used Greyhound to ship cars parts out west and everywhere.

Thanks for the info.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-07-12, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Question

I do believe you'll still be able to ship parcels out west? If not mistaken Greyhound will still be running their GPX out west or least a combo GPX and some other provider?

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-07-12, 11:15 AM

My understanding is they put it on the bus, but if they will still still be driving out there then I will be ok.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-07-12, 12:35 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCIBUS View Post
Although Greyhound runs the Montreal-Boston & Montreal_New York City & Toronto -New York City runs those are actually Greyhound USA not Greyhound Canada,
The twice-weekly Ottawa-Syracuse overnight service (which connects with the daily Trailways service to NYC) is, I believe, operated by Greyhound Canada. (At least the driver on my son's trip last week also does the Ottawa-Sudbury run.)

Strange thing -- the Syracuse route does not appear on the Greyhound's Ontario shutdown graphic as either continuing or cancelled, but it IS bookable on their website for dates in November.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-07-12, 12:44 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I do believe you'll still be able to ship parcels out west? If not mistaken Greyhound will still be running their GPX out west or least a combo GPX and some other provider?
Not according to Greyhound's FAQ:

Quote:
8. How will freight service be impacted?
In the locations where Greyhound will discontinue service, Greyhound Package Express will no longer be available. In locations Greyhound will continue to serve, Package Express will be offered from station to station.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-07-12, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Do you have a source for that info?

Here's the official press release

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases...687687091.html

Quote:
The company has notified all proper authorities of its intention to discontinue service – both passenger and freight -- effective October 31, 2018 in the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. In British Columbia, all routes will cease except for Vancouver to Seattle, which is operated by Greyhound Lines, Inc. (USA) and BoltBus.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2018-07-12, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

From info obtain on the Canadian Public Transit Discussion Board(CPTBD), poster had read it will? I guess not. Bolt Bus is actually Greyhound Bus Lines INC(USA). It is the same type of service that Coach Canada/USA runs under the name Megabus.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in