Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

SiriusXM Free Previews

46K views 92 replies 30 participants last post by  Kenneth J Adams 
#1 ·
#10 ·
They get done in batches,

Your radio needs to be on when they send the activation/deactivation signal. Same reason it needs to be on for a bit to start working.

I picked up a used radio, for the amount I used it, was working almost a year before it got the deactivation

#11 ·
I have an old unit that I tried using after I cancelled years ago. I waited 3 months like someone told me, turned it on, and sure enough it worked. Not for long, maybe a couple weeks? I forget. I tried it a couple months ago again, and no dice. Will give it a try again soon.

I have a 2014 GM vehicle and let my free 3 months lapse. I had a problem with the electronics for a short time, where the backup camera stuck on. It cleared up, but after that, the SiriusXM started working again! It went in for repair, and they did an update on the radio system, and the SiriusXM stopped again. Oh well, not a big deal to me.

#14 ·
I had an old Starmate unit that I took offline for 6 months after deactivating, but it never got the kill code. When I put that Starmate back in action, it worked for 4 years with no problems until it physically started to die. The screen would go off and back on, sometimes the unit would never come on then come to life magically... Until it fully died. I miss that Starmate. :)

#15 ·
If you had a Starmate, your problem was most likely (read with 99.9% certainty) caused by a loose power adapter which is ssssoo easy to fix. So if you can find it, consider opening that cheap plastic enclosure and practice a bit of soldering on the black power receptacle.

#19 ·
cant open the link, I get the following:
Important Note
Our website has dedected that you are using an unsupported version of Microsoft Internet Explorer. Our site is optimized for Internet Explorer 9 and higher. Please upgrade to the most recent version of Internet Explorer to get the full SiriusXM experience.

You can download the latest version of IE here

If you require any further assistance, please contact our Customer Care department:

Sirius: 1-888-539-7474

XM: 1-888-438-9677

Thanks for visiting SiriusXM.

Cant upgrade the browser either because its not my machine its a school/work machine and i have no access to make changes or install, can u kindly post the context of the page below in a post? please and thank you

#25 ·
Only time it's worth listening to is when it's free. The reception is absolute garbage on Vancouver Island. No trees around and constant signal fade. I cancelled after 6 months. They never even tried to give me a deal when i asked or i would cancel it.

They even admitted receptions sucks here but nothing they can do. They can sure charge full price though.

#27 ·
Only time it's worth listening to is when it's free. The reception is absolute garbage on Vancouver Island. No trees around and constant signal fade. I cancelled after 6 months. They never even tried to give me a deal when i asked or i would cancel it.
How do you have it set up?

I have no problems in the car, a friend has no problems in the car (other than the occasional tall building or tree, but for the most part no problems...) and my parents have no problem with it in their home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.