Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a cheap Tuner Card for OTA Digital & Cable that can Change Chanels
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2014-08-22, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
ZippyTheChicken

Looking for a cheap Tuner Card for OTA Digital & Cable that can Change Chanels

hi

I am currently getting cable tv but due to cost factors I am expecting to go to Antenna sometime in the future .. probably a while from now but it will probably happen due to budget. .. Anyway...

I would like to find a TV Tuner that can support my needs now and later.

I was looking to use my computer as a DVR to capture shows that I can watch later in the day or on the weekend.

I would like to schedule times during the day or select shows from a lineup and have my computer record them automatically ... and also in the background if I happen to be working on my computer.

Because I my cable company requires a digital box at each tv and there are no open channels I need a way for the TV Tuner to control the Cable Box.

I have seen at least one TV Tuner that did have a inferred device that hooked to the tuner card and was placed infront of the cable box to change channels. NOT the ir device to allow you to use a remote but this device sat in front of the cable box and acted like a remote control to change stations so it could record shows.

I am on a budget and $150 is no where near what I can pay .. I would say more like $50 is kinda pushing it but maybe.

Also Cable Cards in the tuner is out.. too expensive and eventually im going to antenna.

Thank you for your suggestions.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome