Arris Gateway mg5225g =>Denon AVR-X4400H Remote Code? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jimsathome

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-09-29, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Cool Arris Gateway mg5225g =>Denon AVR-X4400H Remote Code?

Hi Gents,

I'm looking for the remote code to operate an Arris Gateway mg5225g with the Remote from my new Denon AVR-X4400H Receiver. The remote accepts 5 digit numerical codes for various manufacturers remote patterns. My Samsung TV and Blu Ray were no problem, but I can't find one that works for the Gateway Box. I tried about a dozen codes for other makes but no joy.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the assist.

Regards,
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-09-29, 11:13 AM

I downloaded the remote control manual for your Denon and I saw that it supports WideOpenWest (WOW), which is a U.S. cable company that uses the same Arris hardware - code 01877.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-09-29, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Dr. Dave.

I never would have been able to figure that out.

I did give 01877 a try and no joy.

The codes for numerous boxes are the same. I already tried 01877 before but of course I did it again.

In the CBL/SAT Group 01877 works for Bright House, Cable One, Cablevision, Charter, Cisco, Comcast, Cox, Daeryung, Insight, Mediacom, Pace, Pioneer, Rogers, Samsung, Scientific Atlantic, Suddenlink, Time Warner, Videotron, and WideOpenWest. In the CBL/PVR Combination it works for Bright House, Cable One, Cablevision, Charter, Cisco, Comcast, Cox, Insight, Knology, Mediacom, Pace, Pioneer, Rogers, Samsung, Scientific Atlantic, Suddenlink, Time Warner, Videotron, and WideOpenWest.

I guess I'll keep trying.

Thanks for the assist.
Dr.Dave likes this.

Regards,
Jim

Last edited by Jimsathome; 2018-09-29 at 04:27 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-10-29, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Gents,

I haven't made any progress on what code works, and I even tried to contact Shaw about it a couple of times.

As it was a straightforward question, I called them and did the call back thing. So after 45 minutes they called me back and I got put on hold again - while they connected me to the next available tech - for 18 more minutes until I had to give up and leave.

Next I tired the on line chat which kept me waiting in line for ages and when I finally got to the front of the queue, it said it was closed for the day.

I tired one more time by calling and after about 1.5 hours a live body told me they have to way to help me. OMG!

Do you have any ideas on what code would work?

Thanks for the assist.

Regards,
Jim
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-10-29, 11:48 AM

I never say the edit from Sept. 29 because it doesn't show up as a new message. I read your message before the edit when it only had the first 2 lines.

Shaw is correct - there is nothing they can do to help you. If you want support for your Denon remote, you should contact Denon. That would probably be a waste of time because there is no indication they support the Shaw Gateway since the hardware didn't gain widespread adoption aside from a few small companies in the U.S. I had the thought in the back of my mind that the code for WideOpenWest may refer to other hardware they used - it looks like its for the Scientific Atlantic/Cisco PVR used by a bunch of cable companies.

If you want a universal remote, you can buy a Harmony for around $50 on sale - Black Friday is coming up.

I've set up the Harmony for relatives that had a Shaw Gateway and it worked fine. One button to turn your devices on and switch to the right inputs, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in