Add a DCT700 to the mix? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2016-09-24, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Add a DCT700 to the mix?

So, I'm out of portals but have one more TV in the basement. If I put a 2way splitter there and run one side to a portal and the other to a DCT700. Do I need a MoCA filter installed before my old DCT700?

While I'm asking, my main TV has pic-in-pic. So I run HDMI from a portal to the tv but I also want to run a cable to the tv tuner so that the pic-in-pic works. Once again, do I need a MoCA filter before the tv? Or should I run a separate cable from BEFORE the Gateway MoCA wall to the tv itself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2016-09-24, 12:52 PM

Welcome to the forum. I can answer your second question.

If your main TV needs the coax cable as one of the inputs to pic-in-pic, it probably won't work. Shaw discontinued analog signals in most cities and everything is all digital and encrypted.
See: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/36-s...ml#post2678570

You can make it work by getting another Shaw box for the second input and connecting the coax output of the Shaw box to the coax input of your TV. You would tune your TV to channel 3 or 4 (whatever your Shaw box has for the output) and use your second Shaw remote to change channels for the second box.) The picture won't be HD, which won't be a problem unless you zoom it to full screen.

I don't know the answer to your MoCA questions, but I'm sure the issue has been addressed in this sub-forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in