Shaw Gateway: Code Update 7.1.7 (Please see post #1) - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 94 (permalink) Old 2014-05-29, 08:52 PM

Yeah, the tablet version looks like crap on a phone, resolution higher resolution is needed.

The phone version is being worked on, supposed to be to the test group soon...

https://community.shaw.ca/message/75958#75958

Last edited by kevinds; 2014-05-29 at 09:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 94 (permalink) Old 2014-10-08, 10:10 AM

Just got the gateway and am trying to set series recordings for Monday,Sunday and Thursday night football. The guide though shows only NFL. So it wants to record anything that says nfl.
Whats up with that?
My 3416,6416 could differentiate between nfl shows why cant the gateway?
post #63 of 94 (permalink) Old 2014-10-08, 12:58 PM

Did you try "NFL Football" as your search and New Episodes Only and stop time +30 Minutes?

I record every CFL game without issue (except if the first game goes long and they put the start of the second game on TSN2).

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!

post #64 of 94 (permalink) Old 2014-10-10, 11:35 PM

If you do NFL it will record everything.
I cant believe that this is still an issue so long after the release of this product.
Shaw has told me it is an ongoing issue for not only NFL but tennis hockey or what ever due to the configuration of the gateway guide.

I thought that this forum would have had a work around for it by now.
post #65 of 94 (permalink) Old 2014-10-12, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Did you try "NFL Football" as your search and New Episodes Only and stop time +30 Minutes?
This will result in it recording every new nfl game for the week about 12 games instead of just the two or three games I actually want. Apparently this is the same for hockey baseball etc due to teh way the guide is set up.

I wonder what other gremlins are lurking within the gateway menu and operating system?
post #66 of 94 (permalink) Old 2014-11-27, 09:31 PM
Rookie

Anyone else have this issue.

Watching a show that say, started at 7:30. Half way through the show at 7:43 I pause it. I come back to watch it at 7:55. 8pm rolls around and the next show is going to start, but that shouldn't matter right? Technically I should have the last half hour recorded as a buffer, so you can rewind etc. Correct?

Nope, after this update it will just go to the next show. Won't allow you to rewind or anything. I'm really getting quite tired of the gateway system. I feel so bad for talking my parents into getting it. Shaw has to go out almost once a month to fix an issue. Constant price increased, broken promises that were advertised to come already enabled on the system. Junk. Absolute Junk.
post #67 of 94 (permalink) Old 2014-11-27, 10:59 PM

We have had this basically all along. the wife gets upset and i cant fix it. Overall things are good, better than 2 yrs ago. We have lost many a show from that bug.
post #68 of 94 (permalink) Old 2014-11-28, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs, ShawXG1 Gateway & 5 Portals, 2x Harmony One
It is a known issue and doesn't always occur every hour. The best way to deal with it is to get in the habit of hitting 'record' if you know you are going to run to the end of the hour before finishing watching a 'live' program. Yes, it's a pain but it's better than losing the program you were watching before you were done, as you have pointed out.

From what I understand, it has something to do with a reset signal that gets sent at the top of the hour but this doesn't always happen every hour so that's why only some 'paused' live programs get lost and others don't. I do my best to remind myself to hit record if a live program I am watching is nearing the top of the hour and something like the phone ringing makes me need to pause the TV. Whatever did we do before PVRs?

I don't run into this all that much as I seldom watch 'live' TV anymore. Pretty much all of it is recorded so I can skip the commercials. This has led to me wondering what I can get the better half for Xmas though as I am not exposed to all the marketing. But I digress....

It is sad we still need 'work-arounds' for things like this issue with the Gateway, especially after all this time.

If you can then do rather than not. You're your own worst enemy. They're parking their car over there.
post #69 of 94 (permalink) Old 2014-12-04, 08:37 PM
Veteran

Was there a new update last night? My portal asked if it was OK to do an update, and I clicked on yes. Nothing seems to have changed, so maybe the update is to fix some of these issues.

I have noticed the loss of buffer when a recording is starting on another tuner, and when the channel you are on is simsubbed by a Canadian channel. I hope they can fix this--it is very annoying!
post #70 of 94 (permalink) Old 2014-12-04, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs, ShawXG1 Gateway & 5 Portals, 2x Harmony One
No update that I am aware of. Being today is Thursday, it was probably just the usual reboot that happens. I haven't seen that message for quite some time now but I doubt anything go sent down. Maybe I'm wrong.

If you can then do rather than not. You're your own worst enemy. They're parking their car over there.
post #71 of 94 (permalink) Old 2014-12-04, 10:34 PM

No I think you are spot on. It's what I was thinking as well.
post #72 of 94 (permalink) Old 2015-01-15, 07:49 AM

I was just asked to reboot and install a new update
post #73 of 94 (permalink) Old 2015-01-15, 11:46 AM

That's probably the weekly maintenance update that occurs every Thursday morning.
post #74 of 94 (permalink) Old 2018-06-18, 01:22 AM

Anybody notice the latest Gateway update on the AX013?
I can't remember how to access installer menu, so not sure of version.

Now boots with ELEVATE Logo instead of Arris.

On Demand menu now all icons that require extra click for info.
Occasionally when TV first turned on, screen will go completely black after a few seconds before program continuing.
Portals boot with Arris, then ELEVATE logo.
post #75 of 94 (permalink) Old 2018-06-18, 02:16 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in