CLOSED — Shaw Gateway: Code Update 7.0.4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-08, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs, ShawXG1 Gateway & 5 Portals, 2x Harmony One
CLOSED — Shaw Gateway: Code Update 7.0.4

So, the confirmed word is this next code will begin distribution early next week. Beginning with a Modem update on the 13th, the main code push will start on the 14th and will take up to 4 more days to work through to all boxes. Updates should happen between 2 and 6am local time.

The modem update cannot be 'postponed' and so any recordings that might be happening in the wee hours will be split and missing a few minutes. The code update can be postponed if you happen to be watching when the update wants to complete.

Details of what the code will bring are sketchy yet but include PPV recording support and the ability to delete folders that have more than the previous 35 recordings in them. As I have reported in the previous code thread, the grid guide is supposed to be much improved for navigation and the 'blanking' issue should be solved. DLNA, while not immediately available, is part of this code release and will be enabled in the not too distant future.

The new 'Super Ticker' will be turned on tomorrow and, while it is billed as part of the 7.0.4 code, it clearly is a separate item since it is being activated prior to the code release.

As always, I'll post more details as they become available.

=====

OTHER USEFUL THREADS

Fixes & issues
If you're having a problem with the Shaw Gateway, please see if it has already been reported before posting. (This is a running list. Not a discussion thread.)
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show....php?p=1324303

Adding external drives
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=142528

Wait times for Gateway support
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=145274

Installation and setup
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=145834

Programming universal Harmony remote for use with Gateway
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show....php?p=1331570

If you can then do rather than not. You're your own worst enemy. They're parking their car over there.

Last edited by downbeat; 2012-08-14 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Made thread sticky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-09, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

These are the version numbers you should see once the update has gone through for your units:

Cable Modem: 7.12.90
Media players: 7.0.4.16X5R-P.357316
Gateway: 7.0.4.16G5BR-P.357316

For access to the above, please see this thread: Shaw Gateway: READ THIS FIRST

If you can then do rather than not. You're your own worst enemy. They're parking their car over there.
post #3 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-13, 11:36 AM

Location: Calgary: Samsung UND556300 LED Tv, DCT 3400, Gateway + 2 portals,shaw PVR expander; Toshiba 42ZV655
got the update this AM in Tuscany. I did notice one issue. Since Shaw re mapped a pile of channels, I had shows with recordings that were not in the same folder. IE two Breaking bad lists because of the channel change. All those programs that were re mapped are now gone from my recording menu.

I haven't tried a reset of the gateway, but it appears they are gone. I only have recordings that were not in a folder style list.

post #4 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-13, 12:20 PM

No modem update this morning in Nanaimo.
post #5 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-13, 12:44 PM

Nothing here either.

P.S.

I just discovered that when watching a recording, and you go into the 'Installer Tool' then back, the record picks up from where you started to use the 'I.T.' This I like.
post #6 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-13, 02:10 PM

My modem was upgraded to 7.12.90 this morning.
post #7 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-13, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

My Modem updated overnight too. Something strange that did happen last evening was that at about 7:15pm, I got a message onscreen that said the Gateway needed to 'reboot' for a software update. I accepted it and after all was back to normal, I checked the version numbers but nothing had changed. Very strange.

Udowish, given that the 7.0.4 code won't go out until tonight at the earliest, I don't think you have the 'update' yet, unless you have checked your version numbers and see it there?

post #8 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-13, 04:24 PM

Location: Calgary: Samsung UND556300 LED Tv, DCT 3400, Gateway + 2 portals,shaw PVR expander; Toshiba 42ZV655
I will have to actually check it when I get home, all I noticed was some new menu items and my recordings were missing as I mentioned earlier. I assume(d) that the new update would include some of the new menu items as a modem update would most likely not change any of those (beyond the 'ticker' update).

I could be wrong, but it did look different to me but I did not specifically check the version.
post #9 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-14, 02:23 AM
Premium Supporter

I've made this thread sticky, in anticipation of the upgrade to the new Gateway code. Once most people are up and running with it, this will become the new main Gateway thread.
Cheers and happy viewing! And, perhaps, good luck too
post #10 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-14, 09:10 AM
Rookie

Location: Calgary, AB | Samsung TV's | Gateway with 6 portals
My gateway and 6 portals have been updated to 7.0.4 this morning. The first thing I see is the new logo for VOD and PPV. The guide is definitely faster now (it shows up almost instantly when you first press it). I still see 'blanking of rows' but only when the page is changed rapidly by pressing up or down.

Last edited by Cio-Pao; 2012-08-14 at 10:17 AM.
post #11 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-14, 11:30 AM

yes I confirmed I got 7.04 as well. Though I had some issues with communication with the gateway from my portal. It went up and down last night over 10 times and TV became unwatchable. I reset the system and gave up on watching any recordings, this AM it appeared to be back to normal.
post #12 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-14, 12:16 PM

Nothing here yet.
post #13 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-14, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Me either but it can take until the end of the week to make it's way through to all boxes. One thing we can do is check the dashboard from time to time and if the 'software update' is available then we should be able to get the code a little sooner.

post #14 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-14, 09:00 PM

Has anyone noticed the 'Installer Tool' is much quicker than before? It used to "scan for hardware" for some time. Now it just pops up, you may see red for a second, but then everything goes green right quick.

I just noticed it with the last 2 times in there and was curious if others noticed it with their systems.
post #15 of 430 (permalink) Old 2012-08-14, 09:06 PM

@ Gamerguy - Depends on when I go into the IT, sometimes takes awhile others they pop up right away.

I still don't have modem or 7.04 update.
Closed Thread

Tags
7.0.4 , code , gateway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in