Shaw Gateway: Issues & fixes - Page 14 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #196 of 198 (permalink) Old 2016-02-03, 12:45 AM
Rookie

I have been updated to software update 7.2.1.15C7XR (XG1v3, Feb 02). The guide response is more acceptable now, and so is typing in a channel number directly. The program content blanks when scrolling (not that I could read it at that speed anyway) but populates quickly when I release the button. I don't need it to be perfect (all I am doing is selecting a TV show to watch or record), so this seems to be a reasonable improvement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #197 of 198 (permalink) Old 2016-07-07, 08:22 PM
Veteran

Just a note that we experienced loss of guide info and then no recording. It may have started with the time being off so recordings were starting late. Anyway called Shaw and got to push the factory reset with a paper clip.
Don't know if others experienced this lately but thought I would mention it.
post #198 of 198 (permalink) Old 2016-09-18, 03:26 AM

I think we might be experiencing the same guide problem. Our guide data ends on Monday at 5pm (less than 2 days of guide data). If nothing changes I expect that after that time we will get no new recordings. We didn't experience any issue with time being off. We have been getting some intermittent problems with loss of signal and no service available messages. I guess I will try the reset option and see if it fixes things.

Update: Reboot did not fix the problem. I looked at the diagnostic menus and saw errors for IP address, account, epg, etc. downloads so the Gateway wasn't able to communicate with Shaw. I called Shaw and they said someone had deleted our Gateway (and portals) from their system!?!? The agent added them back and things should be okay now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in