Thanks for your thoughts Reboot. I may hold my decision to see how Shaw responds to frustrated customers like you regarding the gateway.
If I am in your shoes, after having paid a premium for the technology, I will be equally frustrated and if I am not satisfied with the resolution, I may take the following steps (some may not agree).. provided nothing has been previously signed to acknowledge that this gateway is a beta test.
1) Firstly, I have to decide when is my tipping point (enough is enough) and think what I wanted to achieve by escalation, ie do I want some form of credits to compensate me for my time and grief? If so, how much credit and equivalent to # of months rental fees....or ask for a lump sum credit on the gateway for not being able to use for a week.. waiting for tech
2) Then, if the problem is still unresolved in a couple of days, if I am in your situation, I will ask for the CSR to speak to his/her manager. I will give the manager a few days to work through and if I am not satisfied, I will ask for the next level up manager.. and I will firmly state to the mid level managers that I will keep going up to CEO if need be until it is resolved and I get the compensation I wanted or send a tech by Monday for example.
3) If I still can't get it resolved after going thru the above, I will give them a heads up that as a paying consumer, I have every right to ask a third party to act on my behalf and seek help from Better Business Bureau and consumer advocate in media such as CTV until it is resolved and my consumer rights are respected
Hope it will not come to that........ :-) All the best...
Last edited by Ric01; 2011-09-10 at 03:33 PM.