Shaw Gateway Promo (New Subs Only) - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Shaw Gateway Promo (New Subs Only)

Just to let you guys know of a pretty good promo for the new system for new customers only. Promo code is 968

http://www.shaw.ca/gateway/offer/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 01:04 AM

Talked to CSR/Loyatly CSR and this is only for new customers and you have to have the actual promo mailer, you can't just call and ask for it by promo with the code. At least that's what the Loyalty CSR told me.

Shaw Champ is this correct?
post #3 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Talked to CSR/Loyatly CSR and this is only for new customers and you have to have the actual promo mailer, you can't just call and ask for it by promo with the code. At least that's what the Loyalty CSR told me.

Shaw Champ is this correct?
I don't have the mailer, I found the deal posted on RFD. I told the rep that I spoke to that I found the promo online. He put me on hold for a few moments, then came back and said it was ok.

post #4 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 01:18 AM

The terms and conditions right on that page say for new customers only, must not have subscribed to any Shaw services within the past 30 days.
post #5 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 01:20 AM

If you managed to get it it's a bonus for you

I escalated to Loyalty and after some research they said no way and it's a limited promo and only if you have the actual mailer. Also never got a straight answer on the inclusion of the Gateway financing in the $99. It seems to imply it is in the T and C. The CSRs didn't even know about the promo and had to search for it.

Shaw Champ?

------------------------

Also didn't mean to hijack, just wish that the same info would get to all Shaw CSR's to avoid confusion.
post #6 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 01:27 AM

Hey Jorton it is as dscott says in post 1 with reference to the link and the T&C there. I can say that it is brand new hence some may not fully know about it or be not that familiar yet. It would probably be best to talk about it in the shaw promo thread.

Shaw Employee, Opinions are my own unless otherwise stated.
post #7 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
If you managed to get it it's a bonus for you

I escalated to Loyalty and after some research they said no way and it's a limited promo and only if you have the actual mailer. Also never got a straight answer on the inclusion of the Gateway financing in the $99. It seems to imply it is in the T and C. The CSRs didn't even know about the promo and had to search for it.

Shaw Champ?
I had to give a credit card for the 36 month financing for the hardware. I was told it was $84 for the 3 services and $15 a month will be billed to my credit card for the hardware.

The $99 a month includes the Gateway and 2 portals. The promo also says the $99 a month has a 3 year rate guarantee.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I just wanted to give people a heads up...
post #8 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 02:23 AM

@dscott01

Not sure how it applies for this specific deal, but with the Shaw Easy Pay plans, you only need to use credit card for the initial/first month's payment, after that you can switch if over to pre-authorized chequing account payments online in your shaw account.
post #9 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 11:00 AM

Can anyone from Shaw confirm which cities offer this promo? The channel lineup only lists Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.

I checked the channel list and it looks like the Personalizer and HD Plus. It includes the HD time-shifting channels and excludes the following:

230 Oasis HD
235 HDNET - HDNet
237 Encore Avenue HD
post #10 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 11:11 AM

@Dr. Dave At this point in time the offer is only available to New Customers in Vancouver, Edmonton & Calgary systems.

Couple of other points:
• HD package does not include Encore Avenue HD, Oasis HD and HDNet channels. ($3.95/month each(Oasis/HDnet) seperate add on if wanted) nor does it include Premium Movie Channel packages like Super channel or Movie Central packages.
• Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary systems will each give 35 HD channels under this offer
• Must not have been a Shaw customer for 30 days
• Must be on Shaw Easy Own Plan to be eligible (requires Credit Card)
• The customer must have a Direct Mail Letter or Flyer
• Customers have the choice to upgrade to a Full Phone Plan with unlimited LD and all the features for $20 more per month (tangible)
• Includes free Wi-Fi Broadband rental modem.
• Rate guarantee until September 30, 2014
• The typical Shaw Plan Personalizer equipment options of 2 free rental 700's or 1 free 3200 is not valid on this offer
• As this is a brand new offer, currently customers can't upgrade to BB100 or BB250 internet speeds but our system will be updated soon to allow for this change if desired.

Shaw Employee, Opinions are my own unless otherwise stated.

Last edited by Shaw Champ; 2011-08-29 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Updated Info.
post #11 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 11:41 AM

Quote:
• The customer must have a Direct Mail Letter or Flyer
Thanks, starting to think I was going crazy, I did hear correct

Last edited by jorton; 2011-08-29 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Clarify edited post - Thanks for the tip Hugh.
post #12 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 12:19 PM

So once again, nothing for existing customers.
post #13 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw Champ View Post
Couple of other points:
• HD package does not include Encore Avenue HD, Oasis HD and HDNet channels. ($3.95/month each(Oasis/HDnet) seperate add on if wanted) nor does it include Premium Movie Channel packages like Super channel or Movie Central packages.
so there is an HD Package now that you can add to the personalizer plan? or is this only for new customers as well?
post #14 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 08:22 PM

Very tempting since it includes the HW rental. I received this mailer the other day. I'm a current Optik customer still on some 6 month promo pricing (should expire any time).

Am I signing up for a 3 year contract here though? That's a long time...
post #15 of 120 (permalink) Old 2011-08-29, 08:35 PM

Terms and Conditions

@WarrenC12, here is the fine print for the hardware:
Quote:
Shaw Gateway is included through the Shaw Easy Own hardware purchase program. You will obtain ownership of the purchased hardware immediately with the understanding you are required to pay Shaw for the hardware in 36 pre-authorized monthly installments, included in the $99.90 package. You also agree any outstanding balance on the purchased hardware is due in full and immediately payable to Shaw if Shaw Phone, Cable, and Internet Services are terminated.
Technically you're on a contract for the hardware purchase - it's not a rental. You can cancel your service any time and the only penalty is you have to pay the balance due on the hardware.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in