Status of ATSC-MH (Mobile) Stations in Canada - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 2012-06-24, 02:02 PM
OTA Forum Moderator

Warning - that software is for Windows only.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 2012-06-24, 02:24 PM
Veteran

^^^^^
Stampeder and any other linux beards around here...Maybe drop a line to Michael Krufky here...

http://www.kernellabs.com/blog/?m=201201

Quote:
Basically, I want to know if anybody cares about ATSC-MH. Do you want to be able to watch TV on your linux-based laptop / mobile device while commuting to work on the train? Do you want to display video advertisements and other content on the sides of city buses? Do you want to be able to enjoy your favorite television show *while* crossing the street? Please let me know. I want to know if itís worth it to move forward with this. Are there any users or companies that want or need to use ATSC-MH in Linux, or should I just wait until I have nothing better to do? I *will* get this completed eventually, Iím just trying to understand how much it will benefit the community. If nobody cares, then Iíll surely get this all done within the year (or so) Ö but if people really are interested, I can have it ready by next weekend. You tell me.
lol, yes there isn't much use i have for windows here. this is one of em. matter of time till linux developers start coming up with some tools.

DB8E/VHF Yagi rotor FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 8way split LG lcd.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 2012-06-25, 10:02 PM
OTA Forum Moderator

Thanks for that link! Comment posted there, and now I'm in the curious position of waiting for my post there to be approved... shoe on the other foot, as they say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampeder on KernelLabs site
Hi Michael and thanks for all your work on this! With ATSC-MH stations starting to come up in Canada there has been discussion in the Digital Home OTA Forum about whether it will be possible to dump ATSC-MH stream and data info in Linux in a similar fashion to what tsreader does in Windows. Many of us run MythTV boxes and would highly appreciate your work towards full support of the ATSC-MH standard. Hereís a link to the latest discussions on the topic:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=154600

Also, have you had any contact with the MythTV folks regarding ATSC-MH support at the application level?

cheers

Last edited by stampeder; 2012-06-26 at 01:10 PM. Reason: added my post from KernelLabs here

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 2012-06-26, 09:13 AM

CKCO

I got this reply, from the VP of CKCO about mobile testing

Yes, discovered we are conducting a test at the request of some high tech firms in the region. It's just a temporary thing for now.

Just to let you know why they are testing it. I would imagine it would be for RIM has they are the biggest player in the region for Mobile Devices.....
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 2012-06-26, 02:03 PM

^^^^
There are other high tech firms in Waterloo Region other than RIM. Even ones that develop mobile devices and applications. Google is here. Microsoft has a small office here as well.

Roof-top mounted Antennas Direct DB8e & C5, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Siemens surge protection. TiVo Roamio DVR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in