OTA Station Status: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northern Ontario - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-18, 12:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post

I've also noticed the last couple of days that my Radio-Canada (13-1) signal has gone from about 87% to about 50%. Still no visible dropouts but that's pretty significant.
I noticed the difference on 13-1 too - in fact, no signal at all most of the time. I chalked it up to being in Moose Jaw and possibly weather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-19, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalzer View Post
They seem to intend to send a SD signal. I have never seen any HD at all. The strange thing is that they are upconverting to a 1080 line signal for no reason I can see. This makes it so you get double letterboxing when they do try to send something that originally had a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Perhaps they have a misconfiguration somewhere...
@bwalzer I noticed that too. While their signal, when I record, is a full 1080, they're actually broadcasting in a standard definition. I was thinking on contacting them on that.
post #48 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-19, 03:54 PM

Contacting CIIT AKA JOY TV 11

1866-669-8810(audiance Relations)

post #49 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-20, 07:12 PM
Rookie

CBC Manitoba

Does anyone have any updates on how CBWT-DT is progressing along?
post #50 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-20, 07:42 PM

CBC Winnipeg

You can complain about the transmitter delay using the information here:

CBC Contact Page

I left a message a few days ago. No reply at all...
post #51 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-21, 10:16 AM
Rookie

CBC Regina

Yesterday evening, I noticed the signal strength for CBC Regina dropped pretty low. I noticed the same thing this morning (October 21st) before I left work. The signal strength fell below 60% and seems inconsistent which means the singal quality is poor and sometimes drops off.

Usually CBC Regina is one of my strongest received signals, almost always above 70% and often above 80%.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?
post #52 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-26, 11:19 AM

Does anybody know if CBC is actually going to switch to its digital signal at the end of this month?
post #53 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-27, 09:46 AM

CBC Winnipeg digital transmitters

@RottieGirl

There is no particular reason to think that CBC is going to be up and running at the end of the month. Here is their current statement on the matter. As you can see, they are still waiting on the availability of a material called "steel". I think it can be assumed that they require this "steel" to be made into a particular shape. It seems reasonable to think that it would take at least 2 months to find someone to work with this exotic substance even in the case where they could somehow acquire it.
post #54 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-27, 10:52 PM

If only we lived in a country where such resources were readily available and plentiful. Alas!

Seriously CBC seems to have no idea when and if this is going to happen. I think they're stalling on purpose, but we'll have to wait and see for my speculation to come to pass.
post #55 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-28, 04:22 PM

I seriously think CBC should be penalized for this. Not only did they blow by the 1 year extension, they missed the 1 month extension and they are now a month beyond that. Their excuses are lame and show a lack of planning and execution.
post #56 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-29, 07:37 PM
Rookie

I am angered at the fact that CBC Winnipeg hasn't went HD yet. The main reason being the Jets games on Saturday are substandard.
post #57 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-31, 04:44 PM

CBCManitoba Tweeted the following:

(retweeted by KStewartCBC)

"HDTV you've all been waiting for - #Winnipeg CBWT HDTV signal is now available: Shaw Cable Ch 209 & MTS Ultimate TV Ch 416. Enjoy!"

Despite the above, I'm assuming that CBWT is not yet broadcasting OTA in digital?!

Roof-top mounted Antennas Direct DB8e & C5, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Siemens surge protection. TiVo Roamio DVR
post #58 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-31, 05:48 PM
Rookie

Awsum!
post #59 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-10-31, 10:17 PM

Yes the CBWT C-band feed on F1 is 720p and 16X9.
Poor signal tonight from their NTSC transmitters... I suspect they are going to have to shut them down soon. Maybe they will have sourced the special ferrous compounds and fabrication to be on the air with the digital signal by then... or not.
Not sure how to penalize the CBC... it's our tax dollars, however the money could be utilized in a more efficient manner. Maybe a change in management? Someone dropped the ball big time. This wouldn't get a chance to happen in the private sector. There is oversight;

try this link (xx=tt):
hxxp://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/INFO_SHT/G8.HTM

Can't hurt.
At least we can vent...
Or we'll just have to blame ertyu!

-C.

SBGH @ 46', 10' C-band, & various home made projects...
post #60 of 162 (permalink) Old 2011-11-01, 12:22 AM

Hate to break the bad news, but CBC announced that its going to be another month before CBC/SRC Manitoba are over-the-air in digital:

http://twitter.com/#!/CBCManitoba
Quote:
There have been delays w/ our DTV tower (expected Nov 30) so antenna users are still only getting SD.
http://www.cbc.ca/manitoba/
Quote:
Transition to digital television for CBC and Radio-Canada in Winnipeg has been delayed until November 30, 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in