OTA Station Status: Vancouver, Victoria, Southern BC - Page 41 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #601 of 612 (permalink) Old 2018-09-09, 10:48 AM

Sometime this week 12.5 showed up... StartTV. A new channel showing crime and dramas featuring strong female leads.

Picking it up in Victoria on a roof-top antenna.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 612 (permalink) Old 2018-10-30, 10:36 PM
Rookie

For the last couple of days I am not able to receive Chek 6 from Victoria 6.1 (49.1) anyone else have this issue?
post #603 of 612 (permalink) Old 2018-10-31, 12:49 AM
s40

6.1 Chek HD is working for me, at 9:40 pm today, I also had it on earlier and it was fine then. I am in Coquitlam.

post #604 of 612 (permalink) Old 2018-12-15, 11:07 PM
Rookie

I was wondering if anyone has noticed or experienced anything unusual with the 12.1 to 12.5 channel group? Any pixelation/noise/dropouts/rescanning? Within a few minutes of watching any of these channels my Philips DVDR3575 will try to rescan the channel and I cannot stop it without unplugging the power to the unit. Sometimes before the rescan happens, the colour will start cutting out then a blue screen appears or sometimes there are these small black and white dashes appearing all over the screen, then the rescan happens.

The strange this is, this problem does not occur when watching any of the other 14 channels I get. There are some weak channels like 6.1 that are pixelated, but my machine does not hang up on a rescan like it does with the KVOS channel 12 group.

This issue first reared it's ugly head on Thursday Dec 13/18.

Is this weird or what?

A North Deltonian

Last edited by PDP-11; 2018-12-15 at 11:31 PM.
post #605 of 612 (permalink) Old 2018-12-18, 01:38 AM
Rookie

Looks like my machine is at fault which is too bad as it has worked so well for so many years. I plan on getting an inexpensive DVR ATSC device that we can use while I take a crack at repairing my philips HDD recorder.

Jay
post #606 of 612 (permalink) Old 2018-12-19, 01:36 PM
Rookie

For 5 days I was experiencing the problem above with the KVOS group of channels and yesterday morning the problem cleared and the channels are still ok this morning. Now that's a head-scratcher. I'm thinking, even though no one else replied to this forum with any similar problem, the problem had something to do with the KVOS transmitter on Orcas Island. There are two transmitters on Orcas Island, for KVOS and for KBTC. I never had any issue with receiveing from KBTC.

Before my first posting to this forum, I did look for a contact for KVOS to see if I could ask them about their transmitter. The only avenue that seemed available was the KVOS TV facebook page. So I sent them a question via the fb messenger on Dec 15th. I never did get any reply, but maybe they took notice and found some issue with their transmitter.

I don't see how the problem could have been with my DVR as it isn't very likely that the electronics inside developed a problem and then fixed itself 5 days later, especially knowing that I never had any problem with any other channels other than KVOS.

Yesterday I was all prepared to buy a DVR ATSC device on amazon because of this issue, but I decided to check the KVOS group one last time before ordering, and voila! I could hardly believe it was working again. That was a really close call.

Jay
post #607 of 612 (permalink) Old 2019-05-24, 09:43 PM

Anyone else notice that CIVI (23.1) seems to be off the air? I've been unable to pick it up for the past several weeks, though the other stations coming from Camosak are fine. I am able to receive 17.1 from Vancouver just fine.

Motorized 90cm/AzBox Elite HD/MicroHD for Ku FTA; CM-4228HD for OTA; Bell TV
post #608 of 612 (permalink) Old 2019-05-25, 03:10 AM
Rookie

Sorry, I'd like to help, but looks like I've never been able to pick up 23.1. I tried just now, but no go, but that's probably normal from where I am. All other stations I normally pick up are ok.
post #609 of 612 (permalink) Old 2019-05-25, 03:29 AM
Rookie

Looks like I may have found something about a change to 23.1

https://www.ctv.ca/HELP/Over-The-Air...hannel-Changes

It says a rescan must be performed.
post #610 of 612 (permalink) Old 2019-05-27, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the link! I had no idea they'd changed frequencies. Re-scanned my tuners and managed to regain the signal.

Cheers!

Motorized 90cm/AzBox Elite HD/MicroHD for Ku FTA; CM-4228HD for OTA; Bell TV
post #611 of 612 (permalink) Old 2019-05-29, 02:18 AM
Rookie

Good to hear that you are back in business and I'm glad this forum is around to help us out when we need it. I know what it's like to lose a station or two, especially if they are ones you enjoy, and considering the limited number of stations available over the air.

Regards,
Jay
post #612 of 612 (permalink) Old 2019-07-14, 03:24 PM
Rookie

KBTC's Bellingham translator K24IC-D has moved from channel 24 to 18.

Technical Alerts | ABOUT | KBTC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in