OTA Station Status: Montreal, QC, Northern NY & VT - Page 227 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

7Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #3391 of 3400 (permalink) Unread 2020-01-11, 11:38 AM

WCAX and WPTZ are still on the air for me in Swanton VT, about 5 miles south of the border. They are both still operating on the temporary - and lower antenna operating at lower than normal power until they move back to their own tower and replaced antenna. I figure the weaker signal will probably be the norm until summer. I do get a quick burst of pixelation every 5-10 minutes on both stations, which I never had before the antenna fire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3400 (permalink) Unread 2020-01-14, 10:05 AM
Rookie

Is anyone having trouble with CTV (12-1). Last night's recordings were terrible and now the signal is all over the place...I can't tune the channel in at all.
post #3393 of 3400 (permalink) Unread 2020-01-14, 02:06 PM
Rookie

I'm new here. i've got the same problem. CTV 12.1 is on and off since 3 days. In fact i've was looking for information online and i found this forum, glad i did.

post #3394 of 3400 (permalink) Unread 2020-01-14, 03:09 PM

My CTV 12.1 signal was finally more stable than it's been in a long time. Maybe the antenna on the mountain is better oriented toward my location for whatever reason?
post #3395 of 3400 (permalink) Unread 2020-01-15, 09:04 AM
Rookie

It happens frequently with them. Wildly fluctuating signal strength and pixelation or total dropouts, especially late at night based on my attempts to record the Daily Show. They are completely indifferent to feedback from viewers about their OTA signal and won't even acknowledge any OTA questions you address to them (this holds true for CityTV too). I think they actively resent broadcasting an OTA signal and think people should (and will) sign up to pay for Bell Fibe from their mother corporation if they want to watch any CTV programming.
post #3396 of 3400 (permalink) Unread 2020-01-28, 09:18 PM
Rookie

Hi!

My mom (which live in the Eastern Townships) has lost both WCAX and WPTZ in the last few days.

Anyone else having this problem?

I know that the temporary antenna(s) is(are) much less powerful but until a few days ago everything was fine.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick
post #3397 of 3400 (permalink) Unread 2020-01-29, 05:32 PM

Good news! As of late January, WFFF-44 (FOX) has added a new sub-channel on 44.4. Here is what they're now broadcasting...

44.1 - Fox
44.2 - Court TV Mystery (formerly Escape)
44.3 - Bounce TV
44.4 - Antenna TV

"Antenna TV" is dedicated to retro television sitcom shows (1950's to early 2000's) and at quick glance, appears to have a heavy focus on shows from the 70's and 80's. It's very similar in vein to MeTV. Personally speaking, it's a really welcome channel addition! If 44.4 hasn't automatically appeared on your TV or tuner, you'll likely need to do a re-scan.
morningwood and Yagi like this.
post #3398 of 3400 (permalink) Unread 2020-02-13, 09:34 AM
Rookie

Improved signal on WVNY ABC?

Has anyone else noticed an improved signal on WVNY recently? After almost five years of never getting more than a couple seconds of unwatchable pixelation, the station has been coming in reliably at 3-4 bars out of 10 on my Samsung TV's signal meter (better than City-TV actually). I haven't changed anything in my antenna set-up, other than the impressive quantity of snow on the roof around the antenna. I'm almost hesitant to rake the snow off the roof in case the signal disappears.
post #3399 of 3400 (permalink) Unread 2020-02-13, 01:21 PM
Rookie

Here in Sherbrooke, there is no change. WVNY is still as good as before. My antenna is in the attic and there is a lot of snow on my roof as well.
post #3400 of 3400 (permalink) Unread Today, 03:33 PM

Does anyone know if WFFF-DT lowered their power recently? Since about 3 weeks, I've been having lots of issues with this station, lots of pixellation and drops, which was never the case for me in the last 5+ years.

Tags
ota , wcax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in