Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Streaming questions?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  e268 
#1 ·
1. Does Crave work while in the U.S.? 2. How common is it for more than one service to be showing the same movie? Currently Prime and Netflix are both showing Terminator:Genisys

#2 ·
#3 ·
The Bell Fibe app and Crave are 2 different services. Bell Fibe actually had a TV ad that said you could watch your recorded programs anywhere in the world.

Re movies - Here is U.S. article that shows the number of movies available on more than one service. Keep in mind that Canadian rights are different. For example in the U.S. Terminator:Genisys only streams on FX Now. www.justwatch.com is a handy site to find streaming content.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/365452/amazon-and-hulu-overlap-most-on-films-amazon-and-netflix-on

#4 ·
I realized that JustWatch gives a count of the number of titles for the services you select. I chose "Movies" and selected the various services.

Amazon 12,733
Netflix 3,858
Total 16,591
Combined Unique Titles 16,319
On Both 272
% of Netflix Movies on Amazon 7.05%

#9 ·
I am now in us. I think you can stream Crave, just like CP24, CBC, CTV, Etc. I tested Crave on web browser, go to crave.ca, login via service provider (Rogers in my case) and created a user profile, but since I did not subscribe to Crave, I cannot go on to watch anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.