Netflix Canada discussion - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 2018-12-03, 12:44 PM

Generally, I don't keep track of what's going on with Netflix programs and trying to sort out what's specific to Canada, so don't depend on me to post Netflix news. If you see something relevant to Canada, feel free to post it. Occasionally, I will post news items I come across.

The first season of Lifetime’s drama You will air as a Netflix original outside of the U.S. beginning Dec. 26. Starting with Season 2, Lifetime U.S. will drop the series to focus on movies and You will become a Netflix global original. (Deadline)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 2018-12-09, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

For those watching The Flash on Netflix Canada, a special Sunday night episode airs tonight in the US but it won't be on Netflix Canada until Tuesday. It's Part 1 of a 3-part crossover with Arrow (Mon night on Space) and Supergirl (Tues night on Showcase), so you'll want to either wait until Tuesday to watch all 3 (and record Arrow on Monday), or watch The Flash on The CW tonight if you can (and then Arrow on Mon and Supergirl on Tues).

Why does Netflix Canada wait 2 days for The Flash, but only 1 day for Riverdale? it would be a lot better if it were next-day.

...this is a signature...
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 2018-12-10, 09:23 AM
Veteran

My question is, if they were able to get the deal with CW to have some of their shows on there.. why is only The Flash the one which it posted pretty much 'live' vs the others are a season behind.

GDKitty
Rogers Ignite Xi6, LG 47LV5400 LED TV, Yamaha

post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 2018-12-18, 12:02 PM

I have Netflix via a Roku stick+. Works fine. The Roku is plugged in to my AVR.

Started watching an episode of Travellers and noticed no sound. Clicked up arrow on the Roku remote and selected Audio settings. I saw I was set to 'Original English 5.1'. I tried 'Original English' and the sound came on.

Is this a Netflix thing or a Roku thing? If it is a Roku thing then I am posting in the wrong place I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 2019-02-01, 05:37 PM

Netflix has cancelled Travelers after its third season. The series first launched on Canada’s Showcase in 2016, with Netflix handling international distribution. Netflix then took over as the sole production company for Season 3. (TVLine) All 3 seasons are available for streaming on Netflix Canada. Corus is still showing reruns on the first 2 seasons on Showcase, DejaView and ABC Spark.
post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 2019-02-01, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
Netflix has cancelled Travelers after its third season.
Not surprising. It wasn't anything to go crazy about, but I kinda liked it.
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 2019-02-08, 12:12 AM

Spider-Man 3 is on Netflix, as is Spider Man Homecoming 1 and 2 for now. I’ve noticed Spider-Man 1, 2 and 3 are all on Canadian Prime Video as they have movies on there now. Not sure how long they have had them now as I’m new to it. I’m watching Spider-Man (1) as I type on Prime.You can subscribe for $7.99/month and you get a 1 month free trial for anyone interested in that too. It sure has gotten better !

Last edited by wmjfoley85; 2019-02-08 at 12:49 AM.
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 2019-02-19, 12:32 PM

Today, Netflix announced it is creating a dedicated production hub in Toronto, choosing two studio spaces in Toronto that expand its production presence in Canada.

At Cinespace Studios, Netflix will lease four sound stages, along with office space and support space totaling approximately 164,000 square feet.

At Pinewood Toronto Studios, Netflix will also lease four sound stages and adjacent office space comprising a total footprint of approximately 84,580 square feet.

More info: Netflix Press Release
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 2019-02-20, 03:37 AM
Veteran

Wow! Combined with the recent CBS announcement in Mississauga (6 sound stages, production offices and other support facilities), that's a lot of capacity ... and in this case - existing capacity.

We are going to need more film studios and workers.

Perhaps CBC will have to start making productions in the USA to find available space!
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 2019-04-10, 12:44 PM

Netflix has set May 8 for the Season 4 premiere of Lucifer. (Deadline) Seasons 1-3 have been available on Netflix Canada since December.
BGY11 and Wheelman like this.
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 2019-04-24, 05:43 PM

All 10 episodes of Designated Survivor Season 3 will be available as a global Netflix original on June 7. The first 2 seasons which aired on ABC and CTV are currently available on Netflix. (Source)
post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 2019-05-27, 02:30 AM

Netflix: Mindhunter (2017)
Just finished this well-acted, well-produced series. I believe the series is set in the 1970's judging by the cars and the dial telephones they use. The only thing that bugs me about the show is:The FBI agents never lock their cars even when they visit a high crime area! A couple we know told me what a good show it was and that it was about serial killers and what makes them tick. I then asked them if they could name a few of the characters in the show. They said one was called Richard Speck and another one was named Ed Kemper. They were shocked when I told them that these were based on real people and not fictitious characters.BTW:The actor who played Ed Kemper was a giant like Kemper: 6ft 9inches and weighed well over 300 lbs and was a dead-ringer for the real Kemper.

post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 2019-05-27, 08:36 AM

Mindhunter is great, it's based on a book by retired FBI agent John Douglas and a writer. This accurately shows the beginning of the Behavioral Science Unit of the FBI circa 1976. What makes this stand out is nothing is sensationalized, it's protagonist is methodically unraveling what makes serial killers tick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_Science_Unit

Here's a video of the real Ed Kemper, notice how dispassionate he is talking about how he killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9bMsfEMKqs
MAXAM likes this.

228 transmitters
post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 2019-05-27, 12:16 PM

Thanks for this, Zank! That video was really chilling! During the early 60's I was a Psyche Nurse at Riverview Psychiatric Hospital in B.C. During my six years there, I talked to a couple of serial killers and the one thing that really stood out was the dispassionate way they talked about their crimes! BTW: I recall a TV interview with a psychiatrist who studied serial killers. He found that most of them have five red flags in their background when they were young: 1.constantly lied to their parents 2 lit many small fires 3. were bed wetters 4.stole money and small objects 5, extreme cruelty to small animals such as kittens, puppies, and pet rabbits etc.!!
buckycat likes this.
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 2019-06-07, 10:22 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in