Hulu coming to Canada ! - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 2019-01-30, 09:49 PM

Don't know where you heard that but it is pure rumour. It is speculation that they will even come to Canada, let alone any kind of timeline being announced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 2019-11-12, 02:52 PM
Rookie

When Will Hulu Come To Canada?

Now that Disney Plus has launched in Canada, does anyone think that Hulu will soon come to Canada as well? Disney does now control Hulu so I would think that they would be preparing to bring Hulu to Canada and internationally at some point.

Last edited by 57; 2019-11-12 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Moved to Existing Thread.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 2019-11-12, 03:40 PM

I think it's inevitable Hulu comes to Canada. There may be some content restrictions as some of the content is licensed through other providers for this market (Netflix, Amazon, Crave / CTVBell Media, etc.). But I think at some point it will get here, it would essentially be an adult Disney+ as from what I see when checking out Hulu in the states, the majority of its content is not available on OTT here so it would make sense to add the value proposition to Disney+ and make money off of it in general in Canada.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 2019-11-12, 06:41 PM
Veteran

I don't see Hulu operating in Canada at all. I also don't see Hulu lasting much longer in the US, at least not in its current form. Now that Disney and NBC (the two main broadcast owners) have launched their own services they may pull their content from Hulu. That will make Hulu a lame duck with much a weaker catalog.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 2019-11-12, 06:59 PM

but Disney has said that all not family friendly programming will be on there other service hulu.that's why in the usa it has a special price for Disney+ , hulu and espn+ for $12.99.so hulu will be around for along time.and here an interesting article about hulu.https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/dis...flix-1.5135188

Last edited by heans; 2019-11-12 at 07:17 PM.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 2019-11-12, 10:24 PM
Veteran

My guess is Disney+ will be the platform for programming targeted to kids and family and Hulu will be the platform for programming targeted for adults. I would assume that most of the content for both services will likely just be Disney and FOX as well as any other studios that were absorbed by these two companies. I believe there is also some Warner Bros series on Hulu. There was lots of CBS Studio stuff at one point too but I'm guessing all that disappeared when CBS All Access established itself.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 2019-11-13, 11:21 AM
Veteran

Disney is and always has played the family friendly card. They have already stated that mainstream movie content will not be aired on Disney+. They have recently decided to sell Touchstone Pictures which was created to produce mainstream films. So yes, I can see Disney leaving much of their ABC content on Hulu. ABC is generally quite tame so some of it may make it onto Disney+.

Tags
hulu

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in