CraveTV streaming service - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-03-21, 01:33 PM
Rookie

maybe your ATV is feeling the bern!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-03-21, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckchef View Post
maybe your ATV is feeling the bern!
ROTFL!!
post #78 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-03-26, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Golden Globe-Nominated, Cringe Comedy Series CASUAL Streams Exclusively on CraveTV April 1

The half-hour, 10-episode first season of CASUAL begins streaming Friday, April 1, exclusively on CraveTV. CASUAL has been renewed for a 13-episode second season, which arrives on CraveTV later this year day-and-date with the season launch on Hulu in the U.S.

post #79 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-03-29, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

April Premieres

This April on CraveTV: Exclusive Series, THE X-FILES, 420 Highlights, New HBO and SHOWTIME, and More

Friday, April 1
CASUAL – Season 1 – *PREMIERE* (Comedies/Dramas)
ALL THINGS MUST PASS: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOWER RECORDS – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries/Music)
KORAN BY HEART – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries/HBO)
S&M: SHORT AND MALE – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries)
LAUGHOLOGY – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries)

Friday, April 8
SINATRA: ALL OR NOTHING AT ALL – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries/Music/HBO)
ERIC CLAPTON: PLANES, TRAINS & ERIC – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries/Music)
WHY? WITH HANNIBAL BURESS – Season 1 – *PREMIERE* (Stand-Up Comedy/Comedies)
GOLD RUSH – Season 3 – *PREMIERE* (Discovery/Reality TV)
BEING EVEL – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries/Sports)

Friday, April 15
DARK NET – Season 1 – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries/SHOWTIME)
T.J. MILLER: NO REAL REASON – *PREMIERE* (Stand-Up Comedy/Comedies)
LOOKING – Season 1 & 2 – *PREMIERE* (Comedies/Dramas/HBO)

Wednesday, April 20
THE UP IN SMOKE TOUR – *PREMIERE* (Music)
DEADBEAT – Season 3 – *PREMIERE* (Sitcoms/Sci-Fi & Fantasy/Comedies)

Friday, April 22
PROPHET’S PREY – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries/SHOWTIME)
THE X-FILES – Season 10 – *PREMIERE* (Dramas/Sci-Fi & Fantasy/Crime & Mystery)

Friday, April 29
KILLJOYS – Season 1 – *PREMIERE* (Dramas/Sci-Fi & Fantasy)
THE COMEBACK – Season 1 & 2 – *PREMIERE* (Comedies/Sitcoms/HBO)
AMY SCHUMER: LIVE AT THE APOLLO – *PREMIERE* (Comedies/Stand-Up/HBO)
mdl124 likes this.
post #80 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-04-02, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

'Bosch' renewed for Season 3 on Amazon

Bosch is available on CraveTV in Canada.
post #81 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-04-04, 01:48 AM

CraveTV SUCKS in my opinion anyways.... I seen a commercial for Bell Aliant Fiber OP today saying that you can get Netflix and Crave TV on the service. OK, let's talk about that, A.) Like I said Crave TV sucks in my opinion (I tried the free trial), B.) Anyone can go get a simple Chromecast (It would save you in the long run) to open Netflix and stream it right to their HDTV (Like I do all the time). C.) I get Shomi (which is better then CraveTV) with my Rogers on my digital box and any movies that Shomi doesn't have on the box can be streamed on my HDTV anyways by going to their website the same way I go to the Netflix website. Yep, very little reason to make me want to switch providers. I have found a way to EVEN stream Facebook and the web on my HDTV using my Chromecast. App is called Miracast.
post #82 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-04-05, 12:20 PM

Has there been any word yet on when one can expect to see CraveTV apps for say the Xbox One or PS4? I recall hearing these apps were in the works (perhaps for the Xbox One) to be released in January of this year. I have yet to see the app and almost all discussion of these apps are have become rather silent. Anyone have any idea? Thanks
post #83 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-04-05, 07:16 PM

I am with MrWisker as we are huge Netflix users (via our Sharp Smart TV) and would like to get Crave TV, but do not want to add any more devices. We have a PS3, Wii U and Sony Blu Ray player that is wireless with apps on it.

Thanks!
post #84 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-04-05, 09:22 PM
Veteran

I got tired of waiting so I cancelled. They didn't even try to answer my tech support question about when it would be out. The only thing I was able to do was choose from the drop down that it wasn't available on my favorite platform as a reason for cancelling.
post #85 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-04-05, 10:29 PM

While I resisted this theory originally, I am now almost convinced that Bell, Shaw(Corus) and Rogers have no intention to creating viable streaming services. After all, streaming TV will ultimately destroy their core business.

It would seem that CraveTV and Shomi are just half-assed attempts designed to tie-up streaming rights so Netflix can't get them. It must be costing them a fortune in licensing and marketing but I guess it's worth it. Right now they have the upper hand because content makers are down on Netflix and have been convinced that Bell and Shaw/Rogers will get their works to a significant number of eyes. If that continues, I wonder how happy they will be (or maybe they just don't care as long as they are getting paid).

I guess my point is that I for one will not be holding my breath for a good app on my preferred platform (Roku).
post #86 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-04-06, 12:00 AM
Veteran

CraveTV and Shomi seem to be placeholders, similar to all the specialty channels that were created to keep US specialty channels out of Canada. CraveTV seems to have a better selection of programming but it's also keeping a lot of programs available in the US from OTT services in Canada. They are licensing Amazon TV programing which effectively keeps Amazon TV out of Canada. (Amazon TV is included with Amazon Prime in the US.) The HBO deal effectively keeps HBO OTT streaming out of Canada. Not sure where Showtime stands but I suspect Bell has that locked as well. Major US network program licensing keeps services like Hulu out of Canada. It's not that all programming is being blocked from streaming. Just enough of the lowest quality stuff is being streamed to make it seem like they are competing. The highest quality programming is being held back to try and force people to buy overpriced traditional services.

It's been this way as long as I can remember. Canadians get screwed by their fellow Canadians for everything due to restrictive distribution deals. It applies to everything from apples to zucchini and almost every other conceivable product.
post #87 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-04-09, 06:21 PM

Nobody forced HBO or Amazon to agree to those deals. They did so because they had no plans to offer it themselves. There are no government regulations regarding their ability to offer that content to Canadians over the Internet.
post #88 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-04-09, 09:04 PM
Veteran

Exactly, it is a free market. These type of agreements happen all over the world. This is the reason why geoblocking exist.
post #89 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-04-09, 10:12 PM
Veteran

I never said it wasn't. I'm just pointing out how Canadian broadcasters are acting as a cartel to reduce and eliminate Netflix-like competition. Chances are that Amazon, Google and HBO couldn't get enough content to provide a decent service due to Canadian rights being tied up. Just look how long it took for Netflix to build up a decent Canadian catalog. As long as the streaming rights for premium content are held by BDUs, Canadian OTT streaming services will be second rate in order to force Canadians to pay for a BDU subscription.
post #90 of 475 (permalink) Old 2016-05-02, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

New HBO additions THE NEWSROOM and OLIVE KITTERIDGE Headline May Lineup for CraveTV

Friday, May 6:
MISTRESSES – Season 3 – *PREMIERE* (Dramas)
THE ROLLING STONES: STONES IN EXILE – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries/Music)
STEVE MCQUEEN: THE MANS AND LE MANS – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries/ SHOWTIME/Sports)
OLIVE KITTERIDGE – *PREMIERE* (Dramas/HBO)

Friday, May 13:
THE LAST SHIP – Season 2 – *PREMIERE* (Sci-Fi & Fantasy/Dramas)
NOT SAFE WITH NIKKI GLASER – Season 1A – *PREMIERE* (Comedies)
TOSH.O – Season 8A – *PREMIERE* (Comedies)
THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE GREATEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH – Season 1A – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries/SHOWTIME)

Friday, May 20:
BON JOVI LIVE IN LONDON – *PREMIERE* (Music)
BESSIE – *PREMIERE* (Dramas/Music/HBO )
BITTEN – Season 3 – *PREMIERE* (Dramas/Sci-Fi & Fantasy/All-Canadian)
ANOTHER PERIOD – Season 1 – *PREMIERE* (Comedies)

Friday, May 27:
MORE THAN THIS: THE STORY OF ROXY MUSIC – *PREMIERE* (Documentaries/Music)
TIME TRAVELLING BONG – *PREMIERE* (Comedies)
THE NEWSROOM – Seasons 1-3 – *PREMIERE* (Dramas/HBO)
GRACELAND – Season 3 – *PREMIERE* (Dramas/Crime & Mystery)

Tags
bell media , cravetv , hbo canada , schedule , showtime , starz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in