CraveTV streaming service - Page 33 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #481 of 496 (permalink) Old 2019-12-12, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

@Bluefan75 I did a few searches and saw that BOSS, Season 1 was released as part of a Crave subscription on January 11. That was before the launch of the Starz channel in March when they announced that both seasons would be available as part of Starz. I'm not sure what you see when you access Crave through Shaw, but you may have been confused by the poster that says "Starz Boss All Seasons."

The web site looks pretty clear - the top says "Season 2 requires a STARZ subscription" and further down it says "Included with a subscription to: CRAVE Season 1 (divider) STARZ Season 1-2." I don't know when you started watching and what it looked like at the time, but other programs have been clearly spelled out like that for quite a while.

https://www.crave.ca/en/search?q=boss#/series/30288
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 496 (permalink) Old 2019-12-12, 08:18 PM
Rookie

@Dr.Dave , I kid you not that literally changed right after it was telling me I needed the subscription.

Oh well, now I just need to decide whether I want to pay for a month....
post #483 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-14, 09:31 AM

Is there a way to turn on/off the Subtitles/Captioning in the Crave app on a smart TV? Specifically a Samsung Smart TV but that shouldn't really matter. My searches online for an answer have only come across more people like myself who can't seem to figure it out.

And changing the Caption settings in the TV itself isn't an answer since for some reason those options are greyed out on my TV.

...this is a signature...

post #484 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-14, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

"how do I turn on subtitles on for HBO shows on my Samsung tv?"
@ craveHelp "Hi there! You may follow this steps, Press the Home Button > Settings > General > Accessibility > Caption Settings > Select the option to change. If you have further issues with your Crave app, please send us a DM and we will look into it further."

https://twitter.com/CraveHelp/status...52925876494336
post #485 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-14, 11:26 AM

Yeah that doesn't work for me since that option is greyed out. I guess they don't offer a way to change it in the actual app. Thanks anyway.

...this is a signature...
post #486 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-14, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

@jeffaustin90 according to Samsung, the CC option is only available in apps that support it. Some apps like Netflix control CC directly in the app. Here's what I would try - Start the Crave app and begin playing an on-demand video before going into the settings. If that doesn't work, try pausing the video, then go into the settings. Let us know if it works.
post #487 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-15, 05:01 PM

Questions I have regarding HBO Max and Crave TV:

1. Do HBO Max shows go directly to Crave TV and be streaming only (or on-demand) or do they go to HBO linear first?
2. Doom Patrol moved from DC to HBO Max. I assume it will still be on CTV Sci-fi?
post #488 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-16, 01:28 PM
Veteran

Other than for original HBO content, I doubt there will be little relation between HBO Max and Crave. Crave's HBO agreement is for HBO original content only. Other content is licensed separately with the copyright owners.
post #489 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-21, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Bell Media’s Crave Becomes Bilingual Jan. 28
(Highlights)

Bell Media announced today that Crave is evolving into a bilingual TV and streaming service next week, offering more than 6,000 hours of exclusive new French-language content. As part of the change, Bell Media’s Super Écran becomes available over-the-top for the first time as an add-on to Crave. The updated bilingual Crave officially debuts on Tuesday, January 28 through participating television providers and streaming platforms.

For existing subscribers, Crave will immediately offer hundreds of French titles totalling more than 5,000 additional hours at no extra cost. The expanded offering will launch with the new Crave Original Series POUR TOUJOURS PLUS UN JOUR, an exclusive sneak peek of Canal D’s SUR LES TRACES D’UN TUEUR EN SÉRIE, and more made-in-Québec productions. French-language versions of some of the current SHOWTIME programming and the library HBO programming that have made Crave so successful will also be available.

With the new Crave + Super Écran add-on, French-language programming grows to more than 6,000 hours with more than 20 new releases per month. Crave + Super Écran also features additional original Québécois programming as well as French-language versions of current HBO programming and hit Hollywood movies.

Bell Media also confirmed today that as part of its exclusive long-term deal with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution, it has secured French-language rights to select original HBO Max programming that will be featured on Crave later this year.

The updated Crave continues to be available in multiple configurations, giving subscribers the flexibility to choose the programming that best suits their needs and preferences:

Crave
  • An Internet-only subscription to Crave is $9.99/month (plus applicable taxes) and includes exclusive access to award-winning English and French programming.
  • The service immediately features more than 250 French-language TV series including seven dozen original Québec productions at launch, such as SORTEZ-MOI DE MOI, EDGAR, MIRAGE, LA FAC, MON PÈRE, TUEUR D’ENFANTS, and CRIMES SEXUELS.
  • Coming in 2020 are French versions of acquired series like PICARD, DOLLFACE, and DOOM PATROL, as well as the Crave Original CANADA’S DRAG RACE.
  • More than 70 programs from the HBO library like SEX AND THE CITY, WESTWORLD, and TRUE DETECTIVE and two dozen current SHOWTIME series like BILLIONS, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, RAY DONOVAN, and HOMELAND will be available in French.
  • Additionally, the service continues to feature thousands of hours of English-language content such as Crave Originals like LETTERKENNY and NEW EDEN, current SHOWTIME programming, select HBO library content and previous seasons of some current HBO hits, a collection of VICE programming, acclaimed TV series, kids’ programming from WOW! Unlimited Media, and much more.
Crave + Super Écran
  • An Internet-only subscription to Crave + Super Écran is an additional $9.99/month ($19.98 total, plus applicable taxes) and includes all the great content mentioned above, plus an additional 1,000 hours of French-language content, adding up to more than 400 films and documentaries and 100 TV series, with 20 new titles released per month.
  • Like the Super Écran linear TV channel, the Super Écran add-on features blockbuster Hollywood hits and homegrown Québec movies. French films available at launch include ASTÉRIX: LE SECRET DE LA POTION MAGIQUE, SPIDER-MAN: LOIN DES SIENS, MIDSOMMAR, and QU’EST-CE QU’ON A ENCORE FAIT AU BON DIEU and coming soon JEUNE JULIETTE, THE HUSTLE, ANGRY BIRDS 2, LA CHUTE DE L’EMPIRE AMÉRICAIN, and more.
  • Among the Original productions on Crave + Super Écran is the hit Québec series MADAME LEBRUN.
  • Ongoing current series from HBO at launch are THE OUTSIDER, THE NEW POPE, and, coming soon, AVENUE 5.
Crave’s “Movies + HBO” and “STARZ” add-ons remain available in English. Super Écran remains available as a television subscription.

How to Get Crave
  • Through participating television providers across Canada, providing the added opportunity to access the Crave linear channels on traditional set-top boxes, as well as via On Demand channels, through the Crave app (iPhone, Android, and more), and online at Crave.ca. Customers should contact their television provider for pricing and details on how to subscribe.
  • Directly via the Internet at Crave.ca, and via the Crave app on iPhone, Apple TV, and Android. Crave is available for streaming on the web and partner platforms such as iPhone, Apple TV, Android mobile, Android TV, Xbox One, Samsung Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and Facebook Portal. Visit Crave.ca/subscribe for more information.
Mr.6 likes this.
post #490 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-21, 03:49 PM

Nice!!

about time we get some french love.

Maybe TVA will make an Appletv app now.

Edit: Not so great. $10.00 extra for french programming.

Last edited by Mr.6; 2020-01-21 at 04:39 PM.
post #491 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-21, 11:47 PM
Veteran

The basic Crave service is adding French programming at the same price. I believe Super Écran is the French language equivalent of Crave Movies + HBO and is what costs an extra $10. Crave Movies + HBO is also $10 extra. That's still cheaper than paying $20 extra in a traditional TV package.
Dr.Dave likes this.
post #492 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-22, 09:58 AM

You are right.

I'll have to wait and see how much french programming there is.

I thought back in the day that if you subscribed to HBO, Super Ecran was included.

I also don't like that I have to pay an extra $10.00 a month to watch french programming that i already have in english. Netflix does not charge me extra for this.
post #493 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-23, 04:41 PM
Rookie

It's about time Crave was bilingual, I'm with Mr.6 I'm curious to see what kind of programming it actually comes with.
post #494 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-23, 11:23 PM
Veteran

Super Ecran and HBO Canada were always bundled. Super Ecran was the original service and HBO was added later. The same goes for Crave Movies and HBO. Two of the original Crave (then TMN) channels were rebranded as HBO. They later became add-ons to the Crave streaming service.
post #495 of 496 (permalink) Old 2020-01-27, 08:56 AM

Now that they have finally given us French maybe they can start working on giving us 5.1 sound. It is only 2020

Samsung 61A750 - McCormack LD-2/DNA-250 - Dynaudio Contour S1.4 - SVS PB12-Plus - Oppo BDP-83 - PS3/Xbox360

Tags
bell media , cravetv , hbo canada , schedule , showtime , starz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in