CraveTV streaming service - Page 31 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #451 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-06-14, 09:39 PM
Premium Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
Now where's that setting on a Fire Stick ... edit - not only can't I find that setting on the Fire TV Crave app - I can't find ANY settings.
The Crave.ca Help and FAQ has this blurb:

Quote:
What is Continue Watching?

This is a list of the titles you began watching but didn’t finish. You can resume these videos where you left off. It also adds the next title in a series to this section when you reach the last 45 seconds of a video in a series. It can be accessed through ‘My Cravings’ and then clicking on the ‘Continue Watching’ tab. To delete a title from this list, delete the title from your ‘Watch History’.
Unfortunately, on my Crave account, deleting titles from "Watch History" did not delete them from "Continue Watching".

From the Amazon.ca Crave Customer Reviews, where Crave Support only occasionally replies:

Quote:
Katelyn
Implemented Autoplay
May 31, 2019
I like that the app now autoplays when watching a series. However, it autoplays prematurely and there is a no way to stop it. Please fix.

Crave CustomerCare
10 days ago
Hi Katelyn! We apologize for any inconveniences experienced. Kindly contact us at [email protected] with the list of TV Shows you observed cutting off too early so that we can fix it immediately. Continue to stay tuned. Thanks
I believe I will try to compile a list of Crave issues I am experiencing and contact Crave Support, with the [perhaps misguided] hope for a helpful reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-06-14, 10:22 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exid0r View Post
The Crave.ca Help and FAQ has this blurb:
Yeah, I'd seen that, but never found My Cravings on my Fire Stick. I'd assumed it wasn't there - but I use it all the time on Android.

Where did you see it on the Fire Stick?
post #453 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-06-14, 11:25 PM
Veteran

I spotted that the latest (2018) season of Doctor Who has been made available in the last day or two! That might interest someone.

But not the 2019 New Years Day special.

post #454 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-06-15, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

@nfitz in case you missed it, I created a separate thread for Bell Media's monthly press releases:

Crave Schedules Including HBO, Starz, Showtime and Movies
Leafs13 likes this.
post #455 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-06-15, 02:48 PM
Premium Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
Where did you see it on the Fire Stick?
Sorry about that. I was switching between my different devices/platforms that have Crave installed and posted information that was not applicable to the FireTV stick.
post #456 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-06-15, 02:54 PM
Veteran

I'm only interested in the Crave streaming service - that thread is mostly broadcast information on the rebranded TMN subchannel and the other subchannels. Even if I was reading it, I'd be unlikely to spot the Doctor Who reference in a footnote way down the page!

Shouldn't each subchannel have it's own thread? Or if you take the other approach, should the Amazon subchannels like HayU and Acorn be merged together? What a fluid world we are currently living in ...
post #457 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-06-15, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

@nfitz All the programming in that thread is available through the Crave streaming service. If you don't have the HBO add-on or the Starz add-on, the bold headings make it easy to skip those sections. As you said, most people watch that programming through a TV provider and the Crave streaming service is now included in most HBO TV subscriptions. Yes, Bell is blurring the lines, but both types of viewers can find the info in that thread. I thought that was the best organization considering the way Bell Media issues its monthly Crave press releases.

BTW Amazon doesn't control the content on any of its third-party channels. That decision is made by hayu or Acorn or Corus.
post #458 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-06-15, 10:02 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
@nfitz All the programming in that thread is available through the Crave streaming service.
Not the main Crave service. Looking at the thread, most of it is the HBO, TMN (Movies now I guess) and other subchannels. Much of the chatter in that thread seems to be about HBO stuff, like Deadwood (wow, I didn't expect that to ever come back!). I'm just not going to notice Crave streaming stuff in that thread, not in the streaming forum!

So I'll continue to mention stuff related to Crave streaming here. Not sure why that's a problem.
post #459 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-06-29, 12:00 PM
Veteran

All the back episodes of Veronica Mars just appeared on Crave! I had been considering grabbing the DVD a couple of years ago, to see if I could interest my daughter in it.

Season 4 starts in about a month.
post #460 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-08-08, 11:56 AM
Rookie

Crave on either an Amazon Fire Stick or an Apple TV?

Hello,
Yesterday I activated Crave and am accessing content using my Samsung television.
Would I have a nicer experience if were to use Crave on either an Amazon Fire Stick or an Apple TV? And if so, would one be better than the other?
Any opinions on this would be appreciated.
post #461 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-08-08, 12:06 PM
Veteran

Overall, the experience will be better on an Apple TV 4K. That's partly because Bell appears to provide better support for Crave on it. The Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K will work well but may have slightly lower picture resolution and sound due to differences in support from Bell, though that may be resolved in time. Not sure how the Samsung TV app compares but it should be at least as good as the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K. The Samsung TV app will be better integrated with the TV than the other two. The big question is whether you want to pay $225 for an Apple TV 4K, $70 for an Amazon Fire Stick 4K or nothing for the built in TV app. That depends on the TV, sound system and personal preferences.
andyk likes this.
post #462 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-08-08, 02:44 PM
Veteran

$225 for Apple TV??? Good grief, I paid about $20 non-4K Amazon Fire Stick in a sale.

Though my $80 Roku is far superior to the Fire stick - but sadly doesn't support Crave ... which is somewhat flakey on the Fire Stick ... though the picture quality is excellent once it starts running.
post #463 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-08-08, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

I posted this in April in this thread:
Quote:
Apple TV Generation 4, Samsung TV and Amazon FireTV are now available on 1080p...
All 3 support 1080p, which is the highest Crave offers at this time. There may be issues with some hardware being under-powered or the interface being better on one device compared to the others.
post #464 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-08-08, 09:33 PM

they really need to make some changes with there android tv app it seems like lots of tv's have problems running it
post #465 of 468 (permalink) Old 2019-08-08, 10:48 PM
Veteran

Crave being flaky is not unique to the Fire Stick. It's the same with Google Chrome. It doesn't work at all with most other browsers. Chromecast with Android is better but I hate not having a dedicated remote. Google Chrome has improved in PC remote support lately but picture resolution and sound with Crave are not anywhere near as good as with Amazon.

I wouldn't get anything less than a 4K streaming stick or box these days. 4K is the mainstream for TVs and there is a lot of new 4K content being produced. Never mind that Crave is 5 years behind with its fuzzy 720p picture and muffled stereo sound with most platforms. It's reported to be 1080p on the Apple TV and maybe the Samsung TV app. They might catch up to Amazon eventually.

Tags
bell media , cravetv , hbo canada , schedule , showtime , starz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in