CraveTV streaming service - Page 25 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #361 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 12:11 AM

We couldn't see Counterpart on Cdn TV before, I think it was on Superchannel, but now if we get TMN and HBO (Crave) can we see it??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 03:57 AM

Counterpart Season 1 was on CraveTV last year. Season 2 will be on Crave.
post #363 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

@Bayguy Counterpart is a Starz program. It was shown on Encore last year and probably again this year, since the channel will be rebrtanded to Starz. The good news for most people is that Crave is included with the new "Crave + Movies + HBO" subscription by most TV providers; the bad news for you is that it can only be streamed in Canada.

post #364 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 11:55 AM
Veteran

Counterpart Season 1 is available on TMN Encore On Demand. It was rerun several times on TMN Encore (or the rebrand) and may be again. As noted it is also available on Crave+. A TMN Encore subscription is required to watch it on TMN Encore On Demand. It's not required with Crave+ or when using Crave+ with a BDU Crave subscription.
post #365 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Just a clarification - Starz programs including the upcoming Counterpart season 2 are available on "basic" Crave. That may change once they launch the newly branded STARZ service which "will also be available on a direct-to-consumer basis." See:
Bell to bring Starz to Canada
post #366 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 03:05 PM

Hi Dr. Dave we don't get Encore, but you think it might be on basic Crave = TMN?

I am talking about real TV not streaming. The Dec. 9 date you mentioned.

p.s. Yes I did read your other msg. Maybe we will be able to see part of S2 of Counterpart before they move it, but just want to make sure I understand that it will start on "basic crave."
post #367 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

@Bayguy when I said "basic Crave," I was talking about the original streaming service that Bell sells for $9.99/month to try to differentiate it from the "Crave + Movies + HBO" that they sell for $19.98/month. I know it's confusing when they decided to rebrand the real TV channels TMN 1-4 to Crave 1-4.

The reason for my previous "clarification" is that ExDilbert mentioned "Crave+" which some people might mistake for "Crave + Movies + HBO."

They did show the first 2 episodes of Counterpart season 1 on TMN and the whole season on TMN Encore. I think they will just show it on the Encore TV channel now that they announced that the channel will be rebranded to Starz. You can always check your TV Guide.

This is definitely a situation where Bell should have hired a branding professional rather than try to do it in-house.
post #368 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 05:25 PM
Veteran

By "Crave+" I meant "Crave + Movies + HBO." Maybe I should have said Crave++. Forgot that Counterpart S01 was on the standard OTT Crave. I suspect that may change once Encore is rebranded to Starz, at least for the original airing. Will Crave + Movies + HBO become Crave + Movies + HBO + Starz? Encore is an extra charge on most BDUs so Starz could be extra for Crave subscribers.
post #369 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 05:43 PM

Oh, I see, you meant streaming Crave = basic Crave. Well that won't do us any good. :-( We did watch the first ep last time but then we had to wait for Comcast Watchathon to see the rest. I guess we will have to wait again. Its a good show but we don't want to pay for Starz to just to see 1 show.

Yes they should of got help to make their names. Something like Crave TV and Crave Online.

ExDilbert we have Shaw Direct and you are right, Encore is extra. So we won't get Starz even tho we get TMN/Crave and HBO.

"Crave+Movies" seems very strange for someone to have to buy. Here in the U.s., our streaming companies like Netflix and Amazon have movies already, not just TV shows. It's weird that Crave is only TV shows and they had to buy something else to have movies.
post #370 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 06:02 PM

"Crave+Movies" seems very strange for someone to have to buy. Here in the U.s., our streaming companies like Netflix and Amazon have movies already, not just TV shows. It's weird that Crave is only TV shows and they had to buy something else to have movies.“

Basic CraveTV also has movies.

Telus 4K PVR & 2 wireless boxes; switched from Shaw for more HD and 4K channels, 3 AppleTVs
post #371 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

@ExDilbert see post 365 - it certainly sounds like Starz will be available either as a separate OTT service or an add-on to Crave. It will probably include the Starz series and the Lionsgate movies. The TV bundles will probably remain as they are - you will be able to buy "Crave + Movies + HBO" and Starz separately or bundle them together for a reduced price.

@Bayguy I searched Zap2it for Counterpart and found season 2 is only on Encore, also on Dec. 9. I discovered a little while ago that if you search the new Zap2it for a program, it will show times a few days beyond the "official" TV grid, which only goes to Dec. 7.

The old Crave streaming service was closer to Hulu in the U.S. in the sense that they mainly had TV shows. I think the few movies they had were HBO TV movies. They did stream the James Bond movies which they bought for TMN, but that was more of an exception.

The new "Crave + Movies + HBO" streaming is closer to "HBO Now" in the U.S. which is a standalone service targeting cord cutters. The prices are almost identical once you account for the exchange rate, with HBO Now at $15 U.S. and Crave+ at $20 CDN.
post #372 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 06:48 PM
Rookie

Anyone with a 2016 Samsung TV have the new Crave app yet? On Crave's site, they say that the app should be available on Samsung TVs now. I still have the old app on my KS8000, however.
post #373 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-25, 10:05 PM
Veteran

Quote:
The old Crave streaming service was closer to Hulu in the U.S.
Crave basic is like a really lame version of Hulu. It's probably closer to what Netflix Canada was when it first launched. Both have/had very little original programming, very few current TV shows or movies and a weak selection of older shows and movies. Adding TMN/Crave movies and current HBO content makes Crave a little more competitive with the current Netflix. Crave++ needs to add Starz and Hulu original shows plus more to stay anywhere close to Netflix for original content. Then there is the price difference.
post #374 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-26, 02:16 AM

Thank you Dr. Dave, oh well we'll see Counterpart eventually I guess.

Marshmellow if Crave has movies too not just TV then what is Crave+Movies???
post #375 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-26, 02:28 AM

they already have a bunch of starz stuff and they will have a lot more when bell starts up starz canada
it also does also have some of the hulu original shows on there

Tags
bell media , cravetv , hbo canada , schedule , showtime , starz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in