CraveTV streaming service - Page 23 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #331 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-02, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

I'm not subscribed to any Crave services and my Android app tells me I must be subscribed when I try to play any of the content. So they fixed the bug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-03, 12:44 AM

Wondering if there is a setting i have to turn on or off. Cant play anything on Crave using Firefox 63.0.1 with DuckDuckGo privacy essentials, Adblock plus, Ghostery. Tried to watch a movie trailer and get a playback error.
Tried it using Edge browser and it works. (running Windows 10 Pro) Anyone else able to run Crave using the Firefox browser? The Crave FAQ says it should work.
post #333 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-03, 10:41 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
@Blintok : Disable the extensions in FF (perhaps one-by-one) and see if it works. Extensions/Add-ons are often the cause of problems with certain websites. I always keep a "clean" browser handy if I run into issues - you stated that Edge works, so....

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)

post #334 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-03, 11:55 AM
Veteran

DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials definitely breaks Crave.ca. It may also break the provider login as it does with Rogers. DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials can be disabled on a site by site basis, as can most privacy, security and blocker add-ons.

I've got to question if all three products are necessary. Ghostery appears to provide the same functions as DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials. DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials is not needed to use the DuckDuckGo search engine. UBlock Origin may be a better choice than Adblock Plus.
post #335 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-03, 10:41 PM
Veteran

Works fine on my Firefox with a DNS service.
post #336 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-06, 02:10 PM

I am a new Crave subscriber. I can't figure out how to binge-watch. On Netflix and Prime, when you finish an episode of something, there is a countdown which comes up you can bypass by hitting the button. The next ep starts, and on Netflix it even skips the recap. But on Crave, I can't seem to figure out how to easily get to the next episode. I watch Crave on an XB1, via the app with Chromecast, or simply via a browser. Chromecast is the most challenging, it works really well when I cast it from my phone, but then the only way to get to the next ep is to unlock the phone, get back to the app, hit the back button to get back to the main screen, find the show I am watching once again, click it to get to seasons, and then manually pick the next on in the list. It can't possibly be designed that way, so I figure there must be a feature or setting I am missing.
post #337 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-06, 02:40 PM
Veteran

you can't figure it out cus your not suppost to binge watch its not good for you. they do not allow it, they want you to be like the good ol days when you watched one movie with your family in the evening and when the movie was finished, you turn off the tv and you all go to bed and think of how much you enjoyed that movie. That is how it is suppost to work. trust me, your doctor will thank you in 10 years
post #338 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-06, 02:45 PM

Hahahahaha, thanks. I don't know if that is sarcastic or not, but it was amusing. I am not talking about watching 17 episodes in a row, but 2 or 3. And I can't believe I can't find the option to go to "Next episode". Is that really the way it is?
post #339 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-06, 07:32 PM
Veteran

Not sure if this still works but adding the entire series to your watch list might help find and play the next episode. I turned the automatic next episode play off in Netflix. It was just too much at once. However, I've found that Canadian OTT services sometimes make it too difficult to continue a series when an episode ends. Throwing viewers back to the home menu is just bad design. Haven't used the new Crave player enough yet to know all the details.
post #340 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-06, 10:06 PM
Veteran

I was hoping with the new Crave app on my Android, that it would let me download for later viewing, like I do with Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Downloading is still unavailable - which is unfortunate, as it really limits Crave's utility to me. Uses far too much mobile data!
post #341 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-06, 11:14 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
I was hoping with the new Crave app on my Android, that it would let me download for later viewing, like I do with Netflix and Amazon Prime.
It should be available for Android soon:

https://www.crave.ca/help-and-freque...tions-74295754

Quote:
As a former TMN subscriber, I enjoyed the Download To Go feature. Is this still available to me as part of Crave:
Yes, you will still have the option to download and watch select programming without an Internet connection (you must have access to the Internet in order to download the content via the Crave app). It is currently available on iOS devices and we are working hard to make sure it’s offered on Android devices as soon as possible.

Can I download shows and movies and watch them offline?
Yes! The iOS and Android apps (Android available November 15) allow users to download episodes and Movies and watch them offline later.

How long can I keep my Download to Go titles?
Users have 15 days after a download is completed to begin watching a title offline. Upon playback of the downloaded title, the video will expire in 48 hours.
Titles will also expire when the title expires from the service or when your subscription ends.
nfitz likes this.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #342 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-07, 07:01 AM

I mosty watch crave on my computer, and the experience is meh at best. I have to sign in again every time I go to the site, and recently I had to sign in between videos. It does a terrible job of keeping track of my progress in a video. Several shows disappeared from my list about a month ago, though they were still there on the FireTv app.

Things might improve over time, but then again it is a Bell offering, so they probably don't care.
post #343 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-08, 02:46 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 View Post
It should be available for Android soon:
Ah! That's great news.

Though I noticed today, that I can't get anything to play at all on my Crave App for Android - was working last week. I wonder if others are having that problem. Rebooted phone ... deleted app and reinstalled from Google Play.

It's got the new Crave branding - which arrived on October 31 I believe - and did work just afterwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallmj View Post
I mosty watch crave on my computer, and the experience is meh at best. I have to sign in again every time I go to the site ...
Yeah, it's not as smooth or as well-done as Netflix, or even Prime. I guess they don't pay as much to their developers ...

Last edited by nfitz; 2018-11-08 at 10:07 AM. Reason: It's the Amazon Fire Stick that has the old branding - Android is new
post #344 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-08, 09:45 AM

OOOh, download. Yes, just checked on the new re-branded blue Crave app on my iPhone. Can download Ray Donovan! Well that's good, now let's hope they add basic features like a NEXT EPISODE button.
post #345 of 479 (permalink) Old 2018-11-14, 08:03 AM
Rookie

New Crave app on Apple TV

Just passing this info along Incase others have this problem.

I had the Cravetv app on my Apple TV and tried to install the new Crave app but it would continue to use the old one.

I fixed this by signing out of the old app deleting it and then downloading the new app and signing back in. The layout and functionality is a little different but shouldn’t take long to get use to. At end of tv episode you can easily start the next one.

Tags
bell media , cravetv , hbo canada , schedule , showtime , starz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in