CraveTV streaming service - Page 22 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #316 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-01, 03:17 AM
Rookie

Well this took an unexpected turn...

I'm almost certain that Bell Media has rebranded "The Movie Network" (TMN1, TMN2, TMN3, TMN4) to simply "Crave" (Crave 1, Crave 2, Crave 3, Crave 4.

A user from another forum reported receiving an email from Videotron discussing the change. To corroborate this I also checked the Rogers website and they have already changed the name and logo of TMN under their channel lineup to Crave.

Interesting move by Bell Media, just very weird that there has been no press release from them to announce the change. Seems very abrupt.

Though this change most likely will not be welcomed by many (who is incharge of these channel name changes at Bell Media anyways?), it makes sense. Both TMN and CraveTv from a marketing standpoint were limited to Movies and Television based on their services names, but now they are combined and operating under one brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #317 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-01, 09:37 AM
Veteran

Right now, on Tbaytel. Click on the main On Demand channel that does all the On Demand stuff says Crave Movies but TMN channels and their respective On Demand channels, still says TMN.
post #318 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-01, 10:23 AM

The Movie Network's website don't work anymore, there just a "Not Found" in plain text.

post #319 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-01, 10:38 AM
Veteran

There's a press release out - https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...699250331.html

Hmm, if TMN is now Crave, and you could purchase both Crave+TMN or just Crave - now you can purchase Crave+Crave or just Crave ... lol.

Looks like I erred by switching from their annual $89.88 ($7.50 a month) plan to $10 a month, as I see that they have increased their prices today to $99.90 ($8.33 a month).
post #320 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-01, 03:50 PM
Veteran

TMN website is back up.

Quote:
THE MOVIE NETWORK IS NOW THE ALL-NEW CRAVE

Crave is the new home for Hollywood’s biggest movies, ground-breaking series and specials from HBO, Showtime and more. You can continue to access all of your favourite TMN content with your TV Provider log-in on the newly redesigned Crave.ca
USEFUL LINKS:
TMN ENCORE SCHEDULE
Tbaytel now has Crave 1-4 and then the 2 HBO channels. Crave and HBO On Deman is before the channels. After the HBO channels. It has TMN Encore ON Demand followed by the 2 TMN Encore channels.
post #321 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-01, 08:40 PM

Also got the email. Am i reading this right that you can now subscribe to CraveTV and TMN as an Over the Top service? No TV scrip required?
If so, kind of cool. Tho would even be better if it was a choice of 3.

1) Crave
2) Crave + HBO
3) Crave + HBO + TMN

would love to be able to get HBO without TMN
post #322 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-01, 11:51 PM
Veteran

Looking at my account info (online subscription to Crave TV), I only see an option to add a "Movies + HBO" add-on (which presumably is TMN+HBO) for $9.99 a month or $99.90 a year.
post #323 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-02, 11:37 AM
Veteran

Will have to see if its a bug..

Right now I am on Ignite Premiere, and NOT paying for TMN/HBO.

Tried loging into the crave site, with my rogers creds.
Seems like i have access to EVERYTHING. Can watch any regular shows, as well as able to watch the TMN and HBO shows..

GDKitty
Rogers Ignite Xi6, LG 47LV5400 LED TV, Yamaha
post #324 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-02, 12:50 PM
Veteran

It's not a bug. The Bell press release said that all Crave (formerly TMN) and HBO content is available to all Canadians with a service provider Crave subscription or the Crave OTT service with the with Movies + HBO add-on. That includes current and past HBO content. Also available are original programs from Showtime and Starz.
post #325 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-02, 01:20 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
I don't normally watch anything on my computer (Mac Mini, Chrome), but out of curiosity I thought I'd have a quick look at streaming Crave. I noticed that the max setting is 720P. Is that what other people are seeing on Computers? I would assume that something like AppleTV (when active) would provide higher formats and things like Phones and Tablets may have something like Good, Better, Best...

Luckily, I still get 1080i on CRV1 "broadcast" on Rogers. Probably not a big deal for people watching on "devices", but I prefer the "higher resolution" on my TV.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #326 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-02, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

I started a new thread yesterday that discusses Bell's Nov. 1 press release, covering rebranding TMN 1-4 to Crave 1-4, including the Crave service in that TV package, etc. That's the best place to discuss the changes including "Crave + Movies + HBO" to keep the conversation together.

TMN rebrands as Crave

I subscribe to a basic TV package and was able to login to Crave with my provider credentials and watch anything including HBO live. It could be a bug or it could be they are offering a preview or free trial. I hope I haven't used up my free trial, because I'm already busy keeping up with my regular viewing. I had to create a "nickname" once I signed in to Crave.
post #327 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-02, 03:40 PM
Veteran

I missed the part about not being subscribed to Crave and HBO. Interesting but may be a free preview for non-subscribers. Can you get the channels on the cable box?
nfitz likes this.
post #328 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-02, 04:39 PM
Veteran

I dont get them on the box.. but do on crave at the moment.

@Dr.Dave ,
The Nickname thing, was for creating a profile, etc.. much like netflix. Appears you can have multiple.

GDKitty
Rogers Ignite Xi6, LG 47LV5400 LED TV, Yamaha
post #329 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-02, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

The reason I mentioned the nickname is that it meant it was setting up a new account for me on Crave. That may be a new feature they are putting in place to separate the kids program history from the adults.

I looked at the settings on the app and it looks like you can add multiple profiles and even create a PIN to keep your history private.
post #330 of 476 (permalink) Old 2018-11-02, 05:57 PM

I'm with Telus. Only subscribed to Crave and had everything showing on the iPad app but not my Telus box. Now all the extra stuff is gone from the iPad as well. Darn!

Tags
bell media , cravetv , hbo canada , schedule , showtime , starz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in