Netflix Disconnecting through Bell Fibe Internet and Sony TV - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2015-01-09, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Netflix Disconnecting through Bell Fibe Internet and Sony TV

Hi,
My parents recently upgraded to Bell Fibe Internet. When watching Netflix they are reporting that Netflix often freezes and displays a `Loading...` message. Sometimes they will wait for up to 15 minutes before turning the TV off and trying later. Sometimes after 15 minutes the movie will resume. I just wanted to know if this is a common problem with people. They are connecting wirelessly from a Sony Smart TV kdl48w600b to Sagecom Fast 5250 Home Hub 2000.

Thanks,
Leroy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2015-01-09, 03:34 PM

I had this problem a few months ago. After speaking with Netflix they suggested I connect directly to the TV and since then I have had no issues.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2015-01-09, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks Rainey. I just got off the phone w Bell and they made some changes to the router. If we still have a problem, they suggested connecting directly to the TV via ethernet as you mentioned.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2015-01-09, 05:36 PM

Ethernet is always better. If you can run the cable, just use it. Walls, microwaves, neighbours and such all affect WiFi negatively.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2015-01-10, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks smallmj. You're right. And the hub is right beside the tv, so there's really no reason to use wifi.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2015-01-10, 03:32 PM
Veteran

Well, this could be the problem as media players or smart tvs using wifi should never be located close to the router as that would cause interference.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2018-08-24, 10:15 PM

I am having that problem both using my Apple TV and my Smart Sony TV, either streaming from Youtube, Netflix or Prime.
Bell seems to have no idea as to what is causing this; I had 12 intervention from the technical help in person from a technician or on the phone all the way up the ladder of levels... I am just glad to see that I am not alone... Will someone go through the code and find the bug?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in