What are you watching via streaming? (and discussion of said titles) - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 66 (permalink) Old 2017-08-12, 08:55 PM
Veteran

I recently got a Roku streaming stick after getting fed-up with my Chromecast. I've been re-watching The Unusuals on Crackle. That was a good show. Too bad no-one knew or cared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 66 (permalink) Old 2017-11-06, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Premium Supporter

War for the Planet of the Apes - Before the apes can depart their increasingly-unsafe woodland home for a distant sanctuary, a team of heavily-armed men attacks Caesar's colony and kills his wife and one of his sons. Caesar vows revenge against the rogue soldiers and their ruthless leader, the Colonel, but his plan hits a snag - and his colony's survival is jeopardized - when he and his apes are enslaved by the Colonel and put to work building fortifications in preparation for a climactic battle with approaching U.S. military forces.

Comments: It was better than "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes", but thanks to a mountain of clichés and Woody Harrelson's channeling of David "CSI: Miami" Caruso, it nevertheless fell far short of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes".
RalphG likes this.
post #33 of 66 (permalink) Old 2017-11-07, 01:11 PM

We've been watching a lot of Midsomer Murders lately. It is amazing that there are still people left alive in Midsomer County. Kind of like Cabot Cove, Maine.

post #34 of 66 (permalink) Old 2017-11-18, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Premium Supporter

The Survivalist - A woman and her daughter disrupt, enliven and endanger the survivalist's life of deliberate isolation, stifling solitude and painstaking self-sufficiency in the post-apocalypse.

Comments: This was a spare and slow-paced drama whose interesting story could easily have been told in under 90 minutes.
RalphG likes this.
post #35 of 66 (permalink) Old 2018-02-23, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Premium Supporter

The Cloverfield Paradox - The misfiring of an on-board particle accelerator accidentally shifts the orbiting Cloverfield Station into a familiar-looking but deadlier alternate dimension. Although things look pretty grim for our heroes, "quantum entanglement" will enable the ship and crew to return home...if any of them survives.

Comments: Thanks to low expectations, this was a silly but watchable flick with some cool visuals.
post #36 of 66 (permalink) Old 2018-02-24, 06:50 AM

We've been watching Elementary on Amazon Prime recently. It was one of the few shows that we missed back when we cut the cord in 2013.
post #37 of 66 (permalink) Old 2018-02-24, 09:16 AM

I have not been watching any streaming stuff. My wife, who watches many shows on Acorn has been diving into Britbox's catalogue of British shows. She has found a lot of stuff to watch there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #38 of 66 (permalink) Old 2018-02-24, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Premium Supporter

Thumbs down

Minions - See what life B.G. (Before Gru) was like for the Minions.

Comments: This movie was shockingly less enjoyable than I feared it would be. The Minions were entertaining as sidekicks in "Despicable Me" and that's where they should have stayed.
post #39 of 66 (permalink) Old 2018-02-25, 06:07 AM

I saw Minions in the theatre with my son and I agree completely. The best part of it was the refreshing nap that I had.
eljay likes this.
post #40 of 66 (permalink) Old 2018-04-28, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Premium Supporter

Thumbs down

Murder On the Orient Express - There's been a murder on the Orient Express. Passenger and world-famous detective Hercule Poirot will solve the crime.

Comments: The movie started off silly, became interesting for a little while, then returned to being silly and also somewhat boring. The visuals (train and the scenery) were pretty cool; Branagh's Hollywood-French accent was not.
post #41 of 66 (permalink) Old 2018-04-29, 06:47 PM
Veteran

Dark Shadows the series. It has me absolutely hooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #42 of 66 (permalink) Old 2018-04-30, 05:31 AM

Call the Midwife Season 6, after finishing The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel.
post #43 of 66 (permalink) Old 2018-04-30, 10:08 AM

Season 2 of Marcella - gripping. Nordic noir but set in London.

Former Rogers VIP, now Bell Fibe, Sony KDL40W3000, BDPS350, Philips Streamium NP2500 (2). DS209 NAS, Playbook
post #44 of 66 (permalink) Old 2018-05-05, 07:42 PM
Veteran

Cobra Kai. Excellent show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #45 of 66 (permalink) Old 2018-05-21, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Premium Supporter

The Hitman's Bodyguard - Down-on-his-luck personal-security expert Michael Bryce is hired by Interpol to deliver notorius hitman Darius Kincaid to the International Criminal Court in one piece to testify against Vladislav Dukhovich, the dictator of Belarus. It sounds easy enough, but Dukhovich's private army - guided by intel from an Interpol mole - intends to make the journey much more challenging.

Comments: Although there were a few really good moments in this action-comedy, overall it was quite a bit less than the sum of its shooting, killing, exploding and wisecracking parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in