TMN Go launched - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-06-24, 11:02 AM
Veteran

You should have done some homework before buying a player that does not support TMN GO. There are not many media players that do.
You should also know that there is no device on the market that would support every app available.

Last edited by bev fan; 2015-06-24 at 11:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-06-24, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the reply Bev fan but I did research. I contacted TMN and asked them for a list of supported devices, which they couldn't give me. Before purchasing, I asked other owners and people said that they had access to an app called "M GO" go figure, when I clicked on that.... it wasn't TMN GO but another similiar app. Can you recommend any media players that have access to TMN GO?
post #63 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-06-24, 11:31 AM
Veteran

Actually I am not sure if there are any that would support TMN GO. As far as I know it is available on tablets. I have it on my iPad and Samsung phone.

Last edited by bev fan; 2015-06-24 at 01:24 PM.

post #64 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-06-24, 12:19 PM

I have TMN Go on my Xbox One and Xbox 360. If you have an iPad you could pick up an Apple TV and Airplay your iPad to it with the TMN Go app. Pretty sure I have done that a few times for my wife.
post #65 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-06-24, 12:20 PM

My Samsung smart TV has the TMN Go app, I love it.

...this is a signature...
post #66 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-06-24, 02:09 PM
tux

Hi, cptcarter, have you tried upgrading the firmware on your Blu-Ray player? And is your Blu-Ray set to Canada or USA?

I have a BD-F5900 and I believe I have "M Go" as well, but my player is deliberately set to US region, so that I have access to Hulu Plus. However, if your player is set to US region, you won't have access to Canadian apps such as TMN Go. Also, if you have not updated your firmware, you're still running old 2013 firmware, and you won't have access to any apps that have launched since that time.
post #67 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-06-25, 09:02 AM

Hi Tux,

I did update my firmware, thanks for the suggestion.

Do you know how I can change the region of my bluray player? I think your right about it being set to American because I have Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime and Fox Go apps which all work because of my VPN. I tried turning my VPN off thinking maybe it was that but I still couldn't find the TMN GO app.
post #68 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-06-25, 09:07 AM

I just got it to work! I had to change the country I was in, thanks so much everyone for your replies!!
post #69 of 78 (permalink) Old 2017-06-29, 06:30 PM

The Movie Network, HBO Canada, and The Movie Network Encore Launch Offline Viewing on TMN GO

Offline viewing feature now available to TMN subscribers with Bell Fibe TV, Bell Satellite TV, Bell Alliant, Bell MTS, Cogeco, Eastlink, and Rogers
Thousands of titles available for download at launch, including Hollywood movies, big-buzz offerings from HBO and SHOWTIME, and premium Canadian content

The Movie Network (TMN), HBO Canada, and The Movie Network Encore, get a major upgrade with the launch of offline viewing for TMN GO. The new feature on the video-streaming platform allows subscribers to download movies and series on their iOS and Android tablets and smartphones, for playback without an internet connection.

Ideal for the cottage, road trips, work commutes, airplanes, camping trips, and mountain tops – offline viewing on TMN GO gives Canadian premium TV fans access to: TMN's latest Hollywood releases like Passengers, The Magnificent Seven, Trolls, and Suicide Squad; entire seasons of game-changing HBO series like GAME OF THRONES, SILICON VALLEY, VEEP, and BALLERS; must-watch titles from SHOWTIME including TWIN PEAKS, I'M DYING UP HERE, and THE PUTIN INTERVIEWS; acclaimed Canadian series and films such as SENSITIVE SKIN, HIP-HOP EVOLUTION, The Other Half, and Two Lovers and a Bear; and classics from all eras with TMN Encore movies including Goodfellas, Rocky, Good Will Hunting, and Jerry Maguire.

Offline viewing is the latest innovation on TMN GO, joining a wide range of enhancements including:
  • Pick-up-and-play, which allows users to start watching on one device and continue on another;
  • Support for AirPlay and Chromecast;
  • Watch episodes continuously with auto-play;
  • The Watchlist, which automatically adds favourited titles to a user's profile and notifies them when new episodes are available;
  • Parental Controls, which allow users to manage the content for family members of every age;
  • The ability to manage data consumption by selecting whether to stream over WiFi;
  • Adaptive streaming, which automatically switches video quality to ensure the best viewing experience available based on the user's Internet connection;
  • And video quality control, which gives users even more control over their bandwidth consumption.
The TMN GO App is available for free from the App Store for iOS and the Google Play Store for Android.
post #70 of 78 (permalink) Old 2017-06-30, 11:04 PM
Veteran

Nice development. Now all we need is a standalone service to match HBO GO in the US.

That press release makes TMN Go sound wonderful. So why do I hate using it to watch TMN or HBO programming and why do the picture and sound quality seem so bad compared to regular TV? TMN Go appears to have as many features as Netflix so why does it seem to have fewer in actual use and why are those features so much more difficult to use than Netflix? (Or they just don't seem to work well a lot of the time.) The bottom line is that TMN Go is a poor viewing experience compared to Netflix and the cost is exorbitant when compared to HBO GO. Listing a bunch of features on a press release won't fix that. They also need to be put into practice with a well designed user interface.
post #71 of 78 (permalink) Old 2017-07-06, 09:02 AM

I noticed that they updated their FAQ for Offline Viewing:
FAQs | TMN GO
Quote:
Videos will expire and deleted from your Downloads,
- 15 days after the download is completed
- 48 hours after you start to play the video.
- the 'Available until' date of the video
- if you cancel your subscription to The Movie Network
You have a choice of Standard or High Quality to control the amount of "disk space" used on your device. I also noticed that you can't use AirPlay, Chromecast, or any connected device.
post #72 of 78 (permalink) Old 2017-07-06, 11:15 AM
Veteran

CraveTV is pretty sub par too in terms of user interface and the PQ isn't that great either. It seems that the only platform CraveTV works well on is Apple TV. I always found TMN Go to be pretty sub par with web playback as well.
post #73 of 78 (permalink) Old 2017-07-06, 11:39 AM
Veteran

Quote:
I also noticed that you can't use AirPlay, Chromecast, or any connected device.
That pretty much makes it useless for me. I don't see Windows 10 apps listed either so that makes it unusable for Windows devices and laptops. I strongly suspect that these limitations were inflicted by the studios but it doesn't help that broadcast distributors just bend to their will instead of fighting for a better deal for their customers.
post #74 of 78 (permalink) Old 2018-01-27, 01:41 PM

Why do I get "Sever not available" messages on some titles? Happening now with 50 Shades Darker.
post #75 of 78 (permalink) Old 2018-04-28, 05:51 PM

Homeland Season 6 starts May 7th

Tags
tmn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in