TMN Go launched - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 78 (permalink) Old 2013-12-31, 10:47 AM

If you have a D or E series TV, then pressing FF, 2, 8, 9, REW with your remote while in the smart hub should allow you to choose another country. But you will lose the american apps, like HBO go and amazon. Also check out the youtube vid for quick instructions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsDbgAoWcD0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 78 (permalink) Old 2013-12-31, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1953 View Post
My download speed is 20, and according to Eastlink, that should be good enough for 3 simultaneous HD feeds. Actually, the first movie I tried was very slow to load, but a second try later on was much better. I was only testing things out, so only watched a small portion, and playback appeared to be smooth.
Thats plenty, highest quality is up to 5.5 MB/s, it could just be the app, but once loaded I never had any issues with buffering.
post #48 of 78 (permalink) Old 2013-12-31, 12:17 PM

Ahhh that did it....

annnnd I quickly switched back to the USA side of things. :-D

post #49 of 78 (permalink) Old 2013-12-31, 02:56 PM

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia(Maestro whole home PVR with two terminals)
I am surprised that those US apps actually work in Canada, since I understand that you have to be a US subscriber to those services, e.g. Showtime, to be able to activate them on your TV.

I do know, that in order to activate the Canadian TMN Go, that I needed to provide my cable company and login info.
post #50 of 78 (permalink) Old 2014-01-03, 06:02 PM

It's the same with HBO Go, etc. But with a service such as unblock us and a friend to the south, anything is possible. ;-D

Having tried both HBO Go and TMN Go, I'll say this:

A) TMN Go is visually much better than HBO Go.
2) HBO Go has more content.
June) HBO Go updates more frequently from what I've been told.
11) Banana muffins are great.
post #51 of 78 (permalink) Old 2014-01-07, 04:40 PM

TMN GO Now Available on Samsung Smart TV
Quote:
The Movie Network today announced the launch of The Movie Network GO (TMN GO), HBO GO Canada, and TMN Encore GO on Samsung Smart Hub. Available at no additional cost with a subscription to The Movie Network and TMN Encore, TMN GO offers instant and unlimited access to more than 1,000 hours of Hollywood hit movies, exclusive series from HBO, CINEMAX and Showtime, and classics from every era. TMN subscribers with Samsung TVs and/or Blu-Ray players (2012 and 2013 models) can find the app now in Smart Hub.
Quote:
TMN GO is available to Bell FIBE, Bell TV, Cogeco Cable, Rogers Cable, Source Cable and Eastlink TV as well as small- to-medium sized independent television providers who are members of the Canadian Cable Systems Alliance (CCSA), including Brooke Telecom, Bruce Telecom, Hay Communications, HuronTel, Mornington Communications and Nexicom. To date, TMN GO is available to more than 80% of all subscribers to The Movie Network.
post #52 of 78 (permalink) Old 2014-03-20, 11:35 AM

TMN GO Now Available on Android Tablets and Smartphones

The Movie Network announced the launch of The Movie Network GO (TMN GO) on Android tablets and smartphones. Available at no additional cost with a subscription to The Movie Network and TMN Encore, TMN GO offers instant and unlimited access to more than 1,000 hours of Hollywood hit movies, exclusive series from HBO, CINEMAX, and Showtime, and classics from every era.

TMN GO is available on Android tablets and phones running Android 4.0 and up. In addition to Android mobile devices, TMN GO is available on iOS phones and tablets, Samsung Smart TVs, Blu-Ray players, and on the web at tmngo.ca.

Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.tmngo

Press Release.
post #53 of 78 (permalink) Old 2014-03-20, 06:39 PM

^ Finally!!!
post #54 of 78 (permalink) Old 2014-04-16, 11:44 AM

TMN GO supports Xbox 360; also Bell Aliant subscribers

TMN GO is now available to TMN subscribers at no additional cost for Xbox Live Gold members on the Xbox 360. With this announcement, TMN GO on Xbox 360 is available now in the Xbox Apps store on Xbox 360 in Canada, as well as Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-Ray players, iOS and Android tablets and phones, and on the web at tmngo.ca.

Subscribers to Bell Aliant, which services Atlantic Canada, Quebec, and parts of Ontario will now have access to TMN GO. With the addition of Bell Aliant, TMN GO is also now available to nearly 85% of all subscribers to The Movie Network, including those subscribing to Bell FIBE, Bell TV, Cogeco Cable, Eastlink TV, Rogers Cable, Source Cable, and as well as many small- to-medium sized independent television providers who are members of the Canadian Cable Systems Alliance (CCSA).

Full Press Release.
post #55 of 78 (permalink) Old 2014-07-15, 08:34 PM

TMN GO Now Available on Xbox One, Windows 8, and to Videotron Customers

The Movie Network GO (TMN GO) is now available on Microsoft Xbox One, on the Windows 8 platform, and now to television provider Videotron, servicing subscribers in Québec. TMN GO is available to subscribers at no additional cost for Xbox users and Videotron subscribers to The Movie Network.

With this announcement, TMN GO is available now in the Xbox App store on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in Canada, on the Windows App store, as well as Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-Ray players, iOS and Android tablets and phones, and on the web at tmngo.ca.

With the addition of Videotron, TMN GO is now available to more than 90% of all subscribers to The Movie Network, including those subscribing to Bell FIBE, Bell TV, Cogeco Cable, Eastlink TV, Rogers Cable, Source Cable, Bell Aliant, and as well as many small-to-medium sized independent television providers who are members of the Canadian Cable Systems Alliance (CCSA).

Full Press Release.
post #56 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-01-23, 09:21 AM

TMN GO Now Available to Shaw Direct and Shaw Cable Subscribers

The Movie Network GO (TMN GO) is now available to Eastern Canadian customers of television providers Shaw Direct and Shaw Cable. The service is available to virtually every TMN subscriber, including those subscribing to Bell Fibe TV, Bell TV, Bell Aliant, Cogeco Cable, Eastlink TV, Rogers Cable, Source Cable, Videotron, as well as many small-to-medium sized independent television providers who are members of the Canadian Cable Systems Alliance (CCSA).

With more than 99% of subscribers able to access TMN GO, the acclaimed streaming service becomes the first authenticated television app to achieve universal penetration.

Full Press Release.

EDIT: Updated link http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/tmn...e-subscribers/

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2015-02-19 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Updated links
post #57 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-01-23, 12:26 PM

It's about time
post #58 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-06-12, 08:51 PM

Hey Guys,

I have a PS3 and was hoping Bell would support PS3 with TMNGO but so far, no go. I am looking at buying a Samsung bluray player that supports the TMN GO app. According to the TMNGO site, all 2013 and newer bluray players support TMN GO however I purchased one tonight, I think it was the J5100 and it doesn't show up in the app store (however I am having internet connection issues) with the player and will be returning it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
post #59 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-06-13, 12:23 PM

So I messed around with the player today and did a software update....all showing apps work great but I can't find the tmn go app. I checked in the Opera app place but nothing. I'm not sure if I have smart hub....my player has apps but I don't see the smart hub player anywhere. Anyone?

Last edited by 57; 2015-06-13 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed
post #60 of 78 (permalink) Old 2015-06-24, 10:57 AM

TMN GO Issues - Bluray Player

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to get TMN Go on my Samsung bluray player however neither Samsung or TMN have been any help. I was told my TMN that all 2012-2013 Samsung bluray players with Smarthub access can get access to the TMN Go app. I went out and purchased a Samsung 2013 bluray player BD-FM59. I installed it and have access to the Samsung app store but low and behold no TMN Go app. Samsung told me that they don't provide support for 3rd party apps and if the app isn't showing then its not available and TMN told me that "it should be there" and to contact Samsung for more support. I don't think Bell/Astral thought this out very well when they launched this product as they seem to have the attitude of "well it's available" and that's it. This could be a great product if they put a little more effort in to it. Any suggestions?!

Tags
tmn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in