VPN services to allow Canadians to access sites like Hulu - Page 29 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #421 of 426 (permalink) Old 2017-01-22, 04:09 AM
Rookie

Where can I find more information about this Turbo Beacon Box? I don't understand how it works differently than a VPN?!
May be I'm getting it all wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 426 (permalink) Old 2017-01-22, 06:51 PM
Rookie

Oh one more question ... would I be required with Turbo Beacon to pay a subscription to Canadian Netflix AND the US Netflix . thanks for any help !
post #423 of 426 (permalink) Old 2017-01-23, 09:10 AM
Veteran

Netflix content, is based on WHERE you are. You pay your sub, whatever country you live in. But the content changes based on where you are.

In canada? It will show canadian netflix. In the US? You'll get US netflix. In the UK? UK netflix.

Thats where VPN type services come into play. They make it appear, like you are accessing from that other country, etc.

From the looks of it, what the Turbo Beacon box is a VPN box.
It plugs into your existing network. It has its own wireless on it, that you connect to. Any connection through that, will be VPNed.
Now.. its wireless range, etc? Who knows.. may be limited, etc.

And there is no guarantee that it will work forever with US netflix, etc.. they change/block other services all the time.

GDKitty
Rogers Ignite Xi6, LG 47LV5400 LED TV, Yamaha

post #424 of 426 (permalink) Old 2017-04-15, 09:06 AM

I have been using opera a while now. While most of the time it is just as fast (with vpn on), but sometimes I have to turn it off if the web site is slow. This morning, I Yahoo mail send me a message that someone in Netherlands has successfully log into my account. So, it works as advertised.

Yammy RXV2400 & CDC815, Celestion DL8 fr Mission 73Ci ctr Sansui rear Velodyne CHT8, Vaio TT180, [email protected]
post #425 of 426 (permalink) Old 2017-05-12, 05:18 PM

VPN

Anyone with a working VPN for out of country streaming?

Samsung 52A750; Onkyo 3008; Panny bd55; 9.1 Paradigm, APC conditioner
post #426 of 426 (permalink) Old 2017-05-13, 12:39 AM

Surfeasy works, a paid subscription service. I find most free ones don't. Also, it depends on the network / channel you're trying to watch - some, like Netflix, include code to track location services on your device, and won't work unless enabled. There's no easy way to get around those channels.

Tags
streaming video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in