Issue with 3 lines on Freedom Mobile. - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-06-05, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Issue with 3 lines on Freedom Mobile.

Our family has 4 lines with Freedom Mobile. My wife has a normal plan and the 3 kids have simple sms plans. Here is the breakdown

Wife - $40/mon - Sony Xperia

Kid #1 - $5/mon - Huawei U1250

Kid #2 - $5/mon - LG Nexus 5

Kid #3 - $5/mon - Huawei Nexus 6P

Up until mid March, all was working great. In Mid-March, the kids would drop cell service every minute or so and take about 10 minutes to re-acquire and then continue the cycle. They could never receive a call or place a call and SMS takes about 10 minutes to go through. We called Freedom and after basic troubleshooting they sent us to a store for new SIMs. That seemed to stabilize the dropping but the service remained the same. No calls and delayed SMS. I called back. They advised us they had a service issue and would look into it and call us back. No Call. Waited a month. Nothing. Called them back and after getting to level 1 support, they advised us there is still a service issue in our area. My wife's phone is working great this whole time. I decided to try some trouble shooting. Swapped the sim from Kid#1 and Wife phone. Now Kid#1 phone works (with Wife SIM) and the Wife Phone has the issue. I then took the phones to Brampton (work there) and same issue. We were in Kitchener last week... same issue there. We live in Mississauga.

I tried calling back yesterday and they would not let me go past level 1 support saying there is a service issue in my area. Any suggestions????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-06-05, 06:31 PM
Veteran

Looks like there is a system wide issue with the SMS plans. Freedom probably messed it up and can't be bothered fixing it due to low per subscriber income. I would stop short of accusing them of intentionally messing up the SMS plans due to the low subscriber income involved. On the other hand, it will likely cause a lot of people to upgrade their plans. Most mobile companies wouldn't consider $5/mo worth the effort of even selling phone service. Bell went to great lengths to force me off my legacy $10/mo phone plan.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-06-05, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Do you know anyone else with the same issues on their PrePaid SMS service?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-06-05, 07:47 PM
Veteran

No I don't. The phones and SIMS have been eliminated as the source of the issue. That leaves the phone network.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-06-23, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Just in case anyone has this issue... Called freedom asked ask them to repro vision on the account and do a signal refresh. This fixed my issues. Thank you for the suggestions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in